MSN has the great page on their website, it is all about dating and relationships. They have articles on about everything you can ask for on dating in today's world.
I am not as fun and liberated as many people think I am. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to the physical side of romance. I do not like one night stands and I do not get "physical" with someone I am not going to have a relationship with.
Okay, I did one time but that was a mistake and I had not had sex in a really really long time and I was just plain desperate. But that was the only time I have been "physical" with someone I was not in a relationship with.
Back to the topic at hand. One of the things you discover when you are looking at online dating is that there is a whole new language you have to learn. It is like reading the real estate section of the paper, Cute in the real estate sections means small efficiency apartment, Cute in the personals, means I'm a geek and my mommy said I was cute.
Here is a bit of a break down as to what the "secret code" is:
D=divorced W=white F=female M=male G=Gay Bi=Bi Sexual D/D=Drug & Disease Free (only in the 21st century) BBW=Big Beautiful Woman but could also mean Big Breasted Woman (that could really cause a shock to someone if they are not careful.) S=Single W=Widow/er B=Black
I=Indian (don't know if that is Native American or someone from India) A=Asian BD=Bondage/Domination, C=Couple (but could also stand for cute or Christian; again another shocker if you are a novice) FA=Fat Acceptance, IPT=Is Partial To, LS=Legally Separated, X=Extreme (I have no idea what this one means) It keeps going on .
So if you see an ad that say SWF looking for SWM or SDM that would be Single White Female looking for Single White Male or Single Divorced Male.
However, according to a new article on MSN the wording of the ad can tell you if the man is looking for a new love interest or a new play toy. Here are some clues to help.
1. The phrases Looking for a good time.” “Just looking for friends.” “Bored and looking for fun.” “Want to keep things casual."means exactly what he says, he does not want to introduce you to his family, he wants you to warm his bed and leave before the sweat dries.
2. If he wants descriptive photos of you that show your entire body (with or without clothes) keep looking. And, don't send him any nude shots of you because he has no scruples and they will probably end up on a website somewhere.
3. If he is talking sexy or about sex. He wants sex. Simple as that.
4. If he wants to meet you 5 minutes after an email move on.
5. When does he want to meet for your date? If it is late in the evening and you are not going to the Santa Fe Opera (which does not start until 8:30 or 9:00pm) he only wants one thing. As my daddy always said if you ain't in bed by midnight you are up to no good. He just never said if it had to be your bed.
6. If he invites you to his house for the first date use your imagination and you can probably guess where you will end up.
True story: When #2 and I first started seeing each other we were at his house watching TV. He fixed dinner for us and we were having a nice relaxing evening. We were sitting at the table and he asked if I wanted to get more comfortable. Me being like 20 years old at the time said sure, thinking we were going to the sofa. I turned around and he was naked. Apparently when he said more comfortable he meant it in a very literal way.
One of the problems I have with the online personals is that all the men want the women to have slim, athletic bodies which is okay if they are slim and athletic. But when you see some fat ass ugly guy who only wants a model to contact him it is disgusting. And it makes me want to pretend to be some model and see how far it will go before he finds out that I am not a size 0. But that is a whole post unto itself "How to Torture a Guy and Not Go To Jail."