How many of you ladies out there have said these words to your man?

You never listen to me!
You never hear a word I am saying!
What did I just tell you?
100% of you ladies just laughed and said "oh yeah". It has been scientifically proven that men do not listen as well as women. Any mother can tell you that. Who gets up in the middle of the night with the baby? Mom because she hears her before she even cries. Now, that is not to say there are not some dads out there who do a damn good job. But, honestly you are far and few between and when a woman gets you trust me she ain't letting go.
For many many years with #2 I could tell him something and I swear to all that is holy the man never heard a word I said. Sometimes the scum sucker would actually turn on the TV while I was talking to him, or utter this word of death "whatever". Oh God! if I had a gun every time that man just ignored me and uttered "whatever" well he would be full of holes right now.
I recall a yearly trip to my doctors and she asked me if I needed a refill on birth control pills and I very seriously asked her "Why did they cancel all sports on TV?" She thought I was joking but honestly there were times I could walk through the house buck naked and if a baseball, football, basketball, etc were on I went totally unnoticed. Now this was good when say I wanted to go out and did not need a hassle, I just waited and left without any sneaking at all.
But, what happens when you have to tell your man something important; for instance "The world is going to end in 20 minutes, if you would like to save yourself come with me." Well if you are me, you quietly whisper it to them and leave them sitting there typing on their computer, watching TV or whatever and you laugh your way to the bomb shelter. But, if you are a nice woman and you really want to save them what do you need to do to get their attention?
According to savvymiss.com and their article called Six Ways to Get Through to Him: How Men Say Women Should Communicate by John Crawford
1. Don't Be Too Emotional: Joe Mansfield, a psychotherapist in Nashua, NH has a website called helpformen.com. He says that "men are cut off from emotions" and goes on to say that if you get emotional and cry or scream it "jams the guy's circuits" "they find it threatening and distasteful".
Well of course they find it threatening and distasteful because if we get to the part in a conversation where we are crying and screaming we are threatening the guy.
2. Don't Take Offense to a Man in His Cave: Pete says that "Men can just hibernate, we zone out in a vegetative state in front of SportsCenter." Mr. Mansfield says "Men need to go into a cave once in a while. It's a huge step forward for any couple to recognize that."
Okay no offense to Pete and Mr. Mansfield but if your man wants to go "into a cave" or a vegetative state in front of the TV he needs to take the laundry or kids with him. Seriously when was the last time you heard a woman say, "Honey, I going to sit here and watch SportsCenter for; oh I don't know 3 days and I will be in a vegetative state and unresponsive to anything you say or need. Are you okay with that?"
3, 4 & 5: Don't Be Critical, Don't Talk To Much, Don't Initiate Important Discussions In the Car:
I don't even need to comment on these 3 because there is nothing to say but OH HELL NO, if I want to criticize, talk to much or have an important conversation in the only place I have his undivided attention I will.
6. Don't Make Assumptions: Mr. Crawford says that too many books are written that want us to believe that men and women are universes apart. He always states "Sure, discussing feelings may make us a bit squeamish, but when the chips are down, and you need us for something important, we’ll be there. "
Personally I do know that is true, the few times I needed #3 he was there, through illness and surgery. But, men have to remember that we need them more often without a crisis. If you are couple you should be able to come home and cry on your man's shoulder not have to call a girlfriend.
Okay, so what made me all pissed off that I had to stop my night and write a post. Well, I still talk to #3 on a regular basis and I needed to tell him something very important that I was told by my guides. As usual it was not as important as his "stuff" so I was pretty much ignored. He was **** typing while I was trying to relay something that was important to me. So my thought at the moment is in 5-7 years when the event happens that I was told to tell him about, he will be totally caught off guard and I will be laughing.
Men, women are emotional beings, we are ruled by emotions, not just once a month but everyday. We feel things you only think about, we worry about things you never think about, we wake up at night just to make sure you are breathing. For the love of your woman if she wants to talk to you stop watching TV, playing on the computer or reading the paper and listen. You never know it may save your life that one night you stop breathing and she is pissed off because you did not listen at dinner.
:)