My weight was a large issue in my recently defunct marriage. I know every girl out there just yelled "WHAT THE *****" fill in the expletive with your own. Yes my man had severe issues with my weight.

Now, at first I was really was okay with it. I though "How sweet, he is trying to get me healthy so we can live forever together." WRONG!!!! His feelings are that if he is around overweight or obese people then he has a tendency to be overweight. According to a recent study http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19961197/site/newsweek/?nav=slate?from=rss who you hang out with can in fact make you obese and it does make sense. If you are constantly around people who eat junk food and you go out with them, well guess what you are going to eat? Right...junk food. However, in our relationship my weight has been the same for the past 3 years, whereas, his weight has yo-yo'ed up and down like a bouncing ball. And let's be honest folks, nothing is forced into your mouth against your will, you put it there. If you don't want to eat junk food close your pie hole and don't eat it.

I have discovered that once a person gets something into their head it is virtually impossible to get them to think another way. So in his mind I was the cause of his weight gain, so therefore I was the enemy. Okay fine, I will take the responsibility for it if it makes him feel better. But to believe that your weight issues are caused by someone else's weight issues is not only unfair to the other person but you are seriously deluding yourself that you do not have a food problem.

So in the name of revenge I joined Weight Watchers. And let me say I love it. Well I love the people the dieting part is not that much fun. I decided to do the points plan which they call The Flex Plan, I have 24 points a day to use on my food. This means that I can not go over the 24 points. Believe it or not there are a lot of things that you can eat. They have the frozen dinners that range from 4-7 points, they have the 100 calorie snacks now that are about 1 point a bag, a handi snack chocolate pudding sugar free is 1 point, diet coke's are 0 points. They give you this cute little gadget that helps you figure out the points on things that are not noted. You can get a calculator for it as well but I am cheap and took the free one. So you walk through the grocery store and figure out the points based on the fiber, calories and fat. You can keep track of your points either on paper or if you are a monthly member you have access to their website and you can track it that way. My problem is going out to eat, unless you go to Applebee's it is hard to know the points on anything.

The one problem I have is you have to consume water and I hate water. Unless it is in iced tea I don't want it. Me and water are having a staring contest at the moment. It sits on my desk looking at me and baiting me to drink it. I stare at it and refuse to touch it. One of is going to win and at this point I doubt it will be me.

This is my 2nd week in the program, I have done okay, except for the ice cream I had last night. Hey, I was stressed, they said I needed to have 3 servings of dairy a day and since I do not drink milk and the ice cream was there I decided what the hell. Why throw away a perfectly good source of dairy when I still need my 3 servings for the day. Did I feel guilty about eating it? Yes, for about 2 minutes then I moved on to something more important...watching Twitches on Disney Channel.

Keep watching for the next blog as I continue the road to recovery. Who know what it will be about but I am sure it will be full of lots of complaining, bitching and bad mouthing people I am annoyed with.