Remember when you were a teenager and your parents finally let you start dating. For me that was when I turned 16. But back then we were more inclined to go out with a group of friends than one on one.
Remember the feelings you had as you got ready for your date. You were nervous, giddy and just knew that you were going to make a complete fool out of yourself.
Well guess what? That does not change. Just because I am well over the legal age limit does not mean that dating is any different.
The first time I dated after my 2nd divorce, I went to one of the online dating sites. I meet a few guys, some nice, some weird. But I only went out with one guy and he was great. However, he was a bit stalkish, he wanted to be at my house every night, every weekend, he wanted to go everywhere with me. It was a bit spooky, needless to say it did not last.
An old wives tale is: IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF UNWANTED VISITORS TO YOUR HOME , YOU TAKE YOUR HOUSEHOLD BROOM AND TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN, SO THE BRISSLES ARE IN THE AIR. Doing this will cause the unwanted guest to leave. Everytime he walked into the house my son, Joshua would ask me, "Want me to get the broom?"
So when #3 and I separted I thought the best way to get over a guy is to get a new guy. It sounded good at the time, so I went to some online site and to look around. There are a ton of them. I signed up with a few that offered free services and stated my requests on what I was looking for.
Yahoo was one of the better ones at sending you matches. However, I am not sure what they based their criteria on, because everyone they sent me was nothing like what I requested. Some of the the photos they attached looked more like their mug shots than an actual photo. One guy had a photo oh himself posing in front of a trailer, that was leaning and had a cartoon character sheet for curtains. Yeah he was high on my list of possible potential men.
I found out that when you sign on to these sites you get a taste of the people on there but if you want more you have to pay LOTS of money. And I am sorry but, I am not paying any money to meet a man.
But, when it comes to dating now I don't know the rules. Who pays? When I was growing up the boy usually paid for the date. Which was not really fair but I liked it. I am very nervous about having anyone at my house so I always meet them there. But what do you do after the date, I certainly don't want to go home and have a nightcap. Because I know what that means and I am so not ready for a physical relationship. EEEWWWEEEE.
I jokeingly told my mother that I needed a married man. Someone who was already in a committed relationship, because I did not want one. I did not need him on the weekends because I usually worked or had my girlfriends, I did not need him on holidays because I had my family. I only needed him once or twice during the week and then he could go home. Sounds perfect right.....but my luck he will have 5 kids at home and the wife will find out and give him the kids and I am stuck with them. So I guess I am going to pass on the married man idea.
My newest idea is that me and my gay friend, Philip decided that if neither of us is in a committed relationship by the time we are 50 we are going to get married so that we can have the benefit's of married people and we can compare guys. Sounds good to me.
But for now I am still single and holding off on dating.