Hello everyone. My name is Cindy Cribbs and I live in New Mexico.

What does it mean "Starting Over at 40"? Well I will be 40 January 19, 2008 and I am newly single. And by single I mean there is no man in my life.

When I was a kid I use to tell people that I wanted to have my family done and raised by the time I was 40 so that I could enjoy my life. As they say "Life starts at 40." I never thought that by actually saying that I would cause it to happen.

I am a firm believer in "The Secret" however; I have been manifesting things for myself for well over 20 years. So to me it was never a secret it was just what I did if I wanted something or needed something. Now the whole world is onto what a lot of us in the metaphysical world have known about for years, but that is okay. I love to see people stepping out of their boxes and finding new ways to help themselves. And the ones who debunk it as total crap, that's fine too, that just leave more for us.

Okay, so back to being alone. I married my 3rd, yes you read right my 3rd husband (whom we will refer to as 3), on June 10, 2000. We meet through my 2nd husband years ago and never really had much contact with each other. But in October of 1999 my 2nd husband (whom we will refer to as 2) asked for a divorce (one day I will give you that story it was great). He wanted the divorce so he could be with his new girlfriend. After a day of ranting and raving and acting like a total 2 year old, I said okay. My son and I started the process of packing our things and we moved out a month later. Well #3 moved in with him for a while and we started talking and found we had so much in common. #3 is very proficient with astrology and found our charts were very compatible and we began establishing our love in January of 2000.

Now at the time, I was warned by family and friends that maybe I was moving too fast, maybe this was just a rebound guy and I needed time to heal. But, I was in love, head over heals love and I had not felt that in a very long time and I wanted that feeling to go on forever. #3 moved to Tucson and we had a 6 month courtship over the phone with occasional meetings in between. He proposed to me on April 16, 2000 in San Antonio, Texas during a very romantic weekend.

Our wedding took place in Las Vegas on June 10th. Now let me tell you we did not just show up in Vegas and get married like a lot of people do. No...we planned the whole thing down to the minute. It was a great wedding, we did not tell anyone until after it was over. The next few years were good, we had our ups and downs, like most people. But, they were okay. After a year in Tuscon we relocated to New Mexico and settled down and started our life here.

The last few years were very stressful, things were not working out the way we wanted them too. He was unhappy with many aspects about me and just could not live with them anymore. So when I returned from a trip home he gave me a note telling me he "wanted to call it a day" on our relationship. Call it a day? What the hell, is this a Clint Eastwood movie? Whatever, so he moved a blow up mattress in the extra room and his computer in the extra room and we lived separately from that day on.

Trying to live with someone you want to see drawn and quartered is not an easy task. But, we managed. In fact the first few weeks were not so bad, because I had it in my head that he would get over this and go back to normal. Once I realized that was not going to happen I turned into the evil ex. I was not a happy camper and when I am not happy I can be very nasty.

On July 13, 2007 I moved into my own place. I took our kids (Tau & Kali - dogs) with me. They were not happy. They wanted to know what the hell was going on, where was daddy and why were we staying in this place. But things settled into a routine. It still took me awhile before I could actually admit that my marriage was over. To this day I still have fleeting thoughts, but I know they are not real.

So this blog will be my own form of therapy and also a way for those in my life to know what is going on so they do not worry.

This is my journey into the life of a single woman in the 21st century. This should be entertaining.