
My week started out cloudy, rainy and cold. But it has progressed to sunny, cool and beautiful and I got some wonderful and exciting news that I am sharing with everyone. I am going to be a Great Aunt; not once but twice. I got an email from my sister-in-law yesterday that she is going to be a grandma come next May. We both emailed back and forth sharing out excitement with each other. Even though she is technically no longer an “in-law” I refuse to give them back to #3 so she is still my sister-in-law and I so happy for Jill and Joe. I know the whole family is thrilled. In order to keep me in my “I’m going to be an auntie” mode my nephew, Matthew emailed me to say that his girlfriend is expecting as well. Two new babies in one day, needless to say I was veclempt. I now have another reason to buy to more “You think I’m cute you should see my Aunt” t-shirts. For those of you who do not know, Matt is my best friend, Tiffany’s son. We grew up together and Matt has been my nephew since the day he was born and I bitched at the nurses to clean the ink off of his feet. I just can’t get over that Tiffany and I are actually old enough to be grandparents. I may be old enough but I am certainly not mature enough to be a grandparent. I spoil my dogs what would I do with a grandchild? That is scary to even fantasize about.
Anyway, after all the baby news and my superstition that things happen in 3’s I had to call Joshua and make sure he was not going to be calling me to tell me about a new baby because as much as I love nieces and nephews I am not ready to be a grandma yet. Thankfully, he assured me that he is not planning on making me a grandma anytime soon. So I release a sigh of relief and went back to my excitement.
So here is my official congratulations to Jill and Joe on the their new arrival and to Matthew on his new arrival.