There is a saying “You Must Meet Your Maker When You Die” that has always held a certain level of gratification for me. To me this comment means that when you die you will have to atone for your actions while you were alive. So whenever anyone was snarky to me I would always think of this saying and have a little bit of satisfaction that I knew one day they would have to deal with their misdeeds.
But what exactly does it mean? My vision is that when their time comes they cross over but before they can move on there are things that need to be taken care of…red tape if you will. They have to check in and get their paperwork done. I’m a secretary so there is always paperwork. Once that is done they move on to the next phase. This is a room where you sit nice and comfortable and there are a few people there to talk with you. They will go over all the paperwork you have and make sure you understand what has happened and answer any questions you have regarding the process so far.
Once that phase is done you are then ready to start your new life on the other side. Part of starting that new life is understanding what you learned in your previous life so that you can take that knowledge with you. I also think this is the part where you are confronted with all the harm you did, because this is a lesson as well. How you treated others and reacted to the needs of others tells you a lot about yourself. The fun part of this process is that you get to see and feel exactly what you caused the other person to feel. It would not work if they just read a list to you and said “Ok, Bob on October 31, 1958 you hurt your wife’s feelings by telling her that instead of looking like an angel she looked like a whore.” Then Bob would just say “Oh my bad” and move on. But, if they said “Bob, remember back on October 31, 1958 when your wife asked your opinion about her angel costume and this was your response and a video screen appears and there you two are just as you say “You don’t look like an angel you look like a whore with wings.” You get to see her feelings on her face, her body language plus you are feeling exactly what she felt at that moment. This is going to have a huge impact on how you view the situation now. You can no longer just brush it off with a tart “Whatever” you are feeling everything you caused her to feel by your harsh and nasty comments.
I use to love the idea of those who had wronged me having to see exactly what they did. But you know that you have grown as a person when you realize that you don’t want that person to have to go through that experience. You realize that it was simply a day in your life and that you don’t want them to feel the hurt because it will not fix the pain from the past. I think this about things that have happened over my life with my family. There were some seriously painful things said to me by my mom as I was growing up. Now there is no reason in my mind for her to have to experience any of the pain she caused me. To me it is done and over with and I survived to be the strong person I am today. Unfortunately this is not your decision to make. That is up to the higher powers that be.
This is not my attitude toward 2 & 3. I want them to experience everything freaking thing they did to make my life miserable. Mainly because I wonder if you can carry over a narcissistic personality to the other side? Both of these men took the attitude that they could say what they wanted to me, if I did not take it the way they meant it that was my problem not theirs. They did not care if they hurt me or upset me. Because in their mind they could say whatever they wanted because it was who they were and they had that right.
Sure you can say what you want at anytime, it is called Freedom of Speech as Americans we are allowed this by law. But as spiritual beings we are not. You have to take responsibility for your actions and words. If you say “you look great today” and the person is happy with that you take the credit and move on. But, if you say “Damn you look fat today” and the person is hurt and upset, it is now your responsibility to take the credit for your comment and either apologize or explain the comment. You don’t get to say “Well I didn’t mean you look fat in a bad way. You look fat in a good way. There don’t you feel better now?” Life doesn’t work that way.
I want to be a fly on the wall when 2 & 3 are getting their review of life. I want to see the reaction when they are faced with all the horrible, hateful, hurtful things they said to me when we were divorcing. I want to know if they will be able to accept how wrong and awful they were or if they will not get the lesson and be sent back to do it again? I know I am not the only person in their lives that they have treated this way so there are others who probably feel the same way as I do. And, to clarify I am positive there are going to be things I will face when I cross over and things I will not be proud of doing and saying. But, I think I will be able to handle those and learn from what I did. Of course, I don’t usually tell people exactly what I think of them and when I don’t like someone I try to stay away from them instead of use them personal gain so that I can get what I want out of them then dump them like yesterdays newspaper with the crossword puzzle done.
Oh to be a fly on the wall in the afterlife.