Once again it was a sad night here at Haven for Hamsters. Frankie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge into Summerland.

Franklin was a truly wonderful friend to have for the time I was blessed to have him. As I am sure you remember Franklin came to me by way of the city shelter. I knew he was already an older hamster when I got him but I thought I had more time.

A few days ago when he was down I was able to hold him for a few minutes and realized he was getting thinner. We once referred to him as our Hamster Buddha because he was so chubby. As the days progressed I noticed he was having trouble seeing and he seemed to not be able to find seeds and nuts when he dropped them. But he carried on.

Franklin was a quiet hamster who spent most of his time sleeping in his condo but he would come down once in awhile for his food and treats. It was because of Franklin that I started the rescue group. I did not want another hamster or small animal live neglected or fed to another animal.

So as I say farewell to another furry friend I know he is at peace in the garden with Ms. Tunie enjoying their self in the lap of luxury.