I can't believe that Halloween is in 4 days. It is still warm here in Albuquerque and kind of disappointing. I woke up Sunday missing everything. I missed my mom, my dad, my kid, my siblings, Texas, the beach, being home for the holidays. You name it I missed it...well not everything. There are few things and people I didn't miss but then again I don't think about them as viable things in my life anymore. But, I was just sad. Luckily, it was so freaking busy at the mortuary, my missing things got swept away to the sideline and death and dying took over.

One thing that I really miss is Halloween,growing up Halloween was always my favorite holiday. I don't really remember going trick or treating because our school held a Halloween Carnival every year so we would go there. Each classroom would be responsible for a different activity or game and you won prizes and candy and all the fun stuff you get on Halloween.

When Joshua was little we would take him, Eric, Casey and Debra out trick or treating in the neighborhood and we always had so much fun. I remember Joshua's first costume was a dragon he was 6 weeks old and not real happy to be dressed up but it was fun. After that he was a clown, a dog, Cousin It (my favorite),oscar the grouch, batman several times, and then he got big enough to do his own costume and it was always something scary. Good Times. Some Halloweens would be freezing and his costume would be covered by a coat other Halloweens it would be 90 degrees outside and he was sweltering in his costume. The last Halloween Joshua and I had together he was in 8th grade and we lived in Tucson. We spent an entire day looking for the perfect pieces to his costume and then hit the neighborhood to trick or treat.After that he moved to Wyoming and most holidays no longer mattered to me. I usually spent them doing something ghost hunting related but it was never the same.

This year I will be working, last year I was on the road planning suicide so life seems to have taken a turn for the better for me. Thank God.