Well my adventures with the hamsters, guinea pigs and 1 gerbil seem to never end. After a few weeks of sever itching Phyllis and I narrowed it down to the hay I was getting for the pigs. Apparently I am either allergic to it or there is a parasite that lives in it that I am allergic to. Either way, I have spent the last 3 weeks covered in hydrocortosone (Kyle, you can stop teasing me with cortosone now) and scratching in my sleep it seems the crisis has passed. THANK GOD. I have had to wash EVERYTHING a zillion times over the past week to make sure all cooties are gone. I have vacuumed my house so many times there are bare spot in the carpet.

This past weekend has seen Lorenzo go to his forever home and my mom and daughter pair, Snowball and Cinnamon have found a home as well. This leaves me with my two dowager dutchess' Zara and Zoe who are not adoptable and my crazy boy Mario. Mario has some people issues, mostly he does not like people. He has a possible home but he has a ways to go before he is able to leave.

As far as hamsters go since Franklin and Tunie have both crossed the Rainbow Bridge into Summerland we only have Guinevere and Parker left in the big hammie's and Lance who is my mini hammie. There is always Tommy Tune my OCD gerbil, who is the bright spot in all of them. I am still working on getting Guinevere to stay in her cage at night versus exploring the wild world around her. Lucky for me and unfortunately for her, I could not find her this morning. So the only think I could think of was to put her cage on the floor and hope she was smart enough to go back to it for food and her bed. And smart enough to do this before Kali and Tau found her.

I was very happy to find her sleeping in her nest when I got home from work. But, based on the way she freaks out when you walk into the room now, I am guessing she got a bit scared not having mommy find her and put her back. Maybe now she will stop escaping.

So for now life in the sanctuary is less scratchy and chaotic but as always fun.