Well the last post I said I was 100% sure that Lorenzo was a Sophia. Well I was wrong. Yes, I said it. I was wrong. Lorenzo is still a Lorenzo. When I thought Lorenzo was a girl I put him in with the girls and let me tell you they were pissed.
Lorenzo turned into Mario and started being a boy, well my two British Dowagers were not happy with this turn of events. Luckily, I figured it out fast enough to save their dignity. Once I removed him I flipped him over and low and behold what was once hidden is not any longer. So basically he just needed something to excite him in order for his little "piggie" to come out.
Now we are back to piggie happiness. All the girls are in their respective cages, Mario is in his and Lorenzo is in his. Mario and Lorenzo are on opposite sides of the room to keep them from strutting at each other. Lorenzo is infatuated with Tau and Kali. He does not know he should be scared of them so he runs to the side of the cage to watch them when they stand there barking and pawing at him. They have tried once or twice to get into his cage when the door is open but so far have not achieved it.
Stay tuned for more piggie pandamonium. Tomorrow I got to get a High Rise for Tommy the Gerbil. It is a 3 story addition to a 10 gallon aquarium, this will stimulate his need for activities and things to keep him busy. Unlike the hamsters who like to sleep and run on a wheel. Gerbils like to be active and busy. They are what I call an "active brain" animal. Much like otters they need to be kept stimulated in order to stay healthy. I do this now by adding things to his cage and the removing it a few days later. He goes about re arranging his cage to accomodate the new additions. Now he will have 3 stories to tdo this with. Also, gerbils like to burrow under things, where as hamsters make nests usually up in the air above their cage. Each hamster has a separate sleeping quarters in their cage for this need. Tommy changes his sleeping area weekly. I never know where he is sleeping until I see the bedding start to move.
Once it is up and working I will post pictures so you can see it.