So maybe this is why I am wanting to argue with anyone standing still long enough.
I went to the library over the weekend with Phyllis and while I was there I was reading a book on gerbils. I have the one gerbil, Tommy, who I just adore. He is the greatest neurotic little fellow. I only want what is best for my Tommy. So imagine my shock and horror when I realized that gerbils live in colonies not alone. Unlike hamsters and more like guinea pigs they need a partner in order to be happy. So my week has revolved around work and trying to figure out how to make Tommy happy.
I went to my source of information for all things gerbil, The American Gerbil Society, yes I am a member. I am also a member of The Guinea Pig Society, but that is enough about my amazing social life. I asked about my loner gerbil and was given instructions on how to find him a friend. Since he is an adult they highly suggested getting a baby male gerbil for him. Apparently if all things go well then Tommy will turn into a father figure for the baby gerbil and they will live in happy gerbil heaven. Easy instructions right? WRONG.
Do you know how difficult it is to find a baby gerbil? You would think that all you had to do was post an ad on craigslist for one right? WRONG. It is against the policy of craigslist to buy and sell animals. You can "adopt" them and charge an "adoption fee" but you can not sell or offer to buy an animal. Okay, fine so I put an ad up there just looking for one without any offer of paying. Well that goes against their policy of "e-begging". I kid you not. So my next outlet was to find a breeder, again not an easy task. Most of the breeders listed with the AGS either no longer have a working website or do not respond to emails. I have resorted to looking for a breeder anywhere in the US that has a baby gerbil and will ship it to me.
My life has gone from career oriented person to you rodent oriented person. I have spent untold amounts of time looking for a baby gerbil from a breeder somewhere in the continental United States in hopes they will ship me at gerbil that will cost probably $3-$5 for the animal and $25-$40 to have him shipped here. All because I took in an unwanted neglected gerbil and now I want him to have the best life possible.
I think I need to look at having another kid so I can focus my time and attention and brain matter on something more significant than rodents or find someone to have hot sex with. Either way it will not revolve around rodents of any kind. And just to be clear I would much rather have the hot sex than the kid. In case anyone was wanting to offer to help me with my problem.