Wednesday; August 27, 2008

Day One, Wednesday August 27, 2008

Day One of my trip to Wyoming started out as it usually does I went to work. Unfortunately, I had some presentations that needed to be completed before I was free to hit the road. I finished my projects and headed to Denver around 1:30 or 2:00. The weather was great and we were happy; well at least I was Tau and Kali were their usual selves. I decided to leave Ms. Tunie home with our new sitter Britteny because I was afraid the trip would be too much for the old gal.

My goal for the first part of the trip to was stay with Cheryl in Denver, so I had my directions and I was fine until it got dark. Let me just tell you she lives outside of Denver in Evergreen; which is in the mountains and it was dark. For those of you who have never traveled with me at night, when I get nervous and scared (because I am blind as a naked mole rat at night) I do one of two things, listen to Barry Manilow or Christmas music. For this night it was Barry all the way. I finally found her house around 10 or so and let me just tell you it was amazing. The home is beautiful with a HUGE deck that looks out over the mountains. My first words upon awakening on Thursday and I opened the door to let the dogs out was “Holy Mother of God” the view was beyond breath taking, it was indescribable how beautiful it was. My next words, “Holy shit it’s freaking cold.”

Another big part of being in Denver was the Democratic National Convention and Cheryl and her friends are organizers or their district so there was Obama stuff everywhere. But that was not it, the feeling and vibration of the energy in Denver was just amazing. Thousands of people were there to support “hopefully” the next President of the United States. I listened to the radio and heard the speeches from everyone (except Obama) and was moved. The passion that these people had and finding out that he was accepting the nomination on the 45 anniversary of Martin Luther Kings “I Have a Dream” speech, just added to the excitement.

I know there are women out there who really wanted Hilary for President but I am one of those women who did not. There is something about her I just do not like, I am not sure if it is her lack of comment when Bill Clinton was screwing the intern and got caught or the fact that she comes off as a cold person. I don’t know but I would have never voted for her. As for McCain picking a woman as a running mate I think that is all for show, he saw the response Hilary got and thinks he can lure those supports to his campaign by having a woman on the ticket. It may work, but I don’t think so.

My one personal goal for this trip was to try and find out how you go about forgiving someone. I think this is why Tunie was brought into my life, if she can forgive and trust after going through what she has then so can I.

Next up Day Two…The Drive Continues.