October starts in less than 2 weeks. Why is this a big deal? Because I love October. I always have and I always will love October. I don't know if it is because the weather is getting cooler and the heat of the summer is starting to break or if it is the fact that we have 4 months in a row with great holidays to decorate and celebrate. Either way, I love October.

Last year was terrible, I will be honest in saying that I am lucky to be here today based on how I felt this time last year. I went to Texas for Halloween last year and I truly did not expect to come back. I was convinced that somewhere and somehow I would end everything. But, it was not to be. I came back and had the worst 3 months of my life. But, I am stronger and smarter than I ever was back then. But, since I was so miserable I did not celebrate my favorite time of year. I let it pass without so much as a thought or after thought for that matter. I don't regret it because I was not in the frame of mind to celebrate but this year is different.

First off, I am starting October with a Pumpkin Decorating Party; see previous post for the invitation. This is just a time for me and anyone who wants to join me to get together and decorate pumpkins, I am going to carve, paint and doddle on pumpkins of all sizes and shapes to decorate the front sidewalk of my house. I just hope nobody decides they like them and takes off with them like they do my neighbors flowers.

Second off, I am going to go to Sedona on November 1st for All Saints Day. I am not going to celebrate All Saints Day I am just going because I get rejuvenated being in Sedona and I am going to restock my supply of crystals and gems while I am there. I will probably go back for my birthday but since it is in the middle of Winter I can never guarantee I will be able to go there. November 1st is before the snows start and it should be just beautiful.

Of course, Thanksgiving is November 27th and I am sure Phyllis and I will be doing our usual dinner. I just am more experienced with cooking a turkey this year than I was last year. I am not working that weekend so who knows what trouble I will be up to. It may be the perfect time to drive to Texas and see the new nephew that I have yet to meet.

Then there is December, this year I am free of Mesa which I never thought I would enjoy but I do. I do not have to organize any parties, that I don't want to attend. I am not going to be guilted into attending any parties that I do not want to attend. I only have the one party with French's and Phyllis is already my date and we both love that party so that is a no brainer. I do not think RPI has a party only a lunch, but we do get a bonus somewhere in there.

And the best one of all MY 41ST BIRTHDAY in January and who knows what I will do for that. But, I can guarantee you it will be something fun and probably weird. Deb and I are already thinking of things to do.

So the next few months are full of fun and enjoyment. I plan to spend as much time as I can with my friends and family and I do not have any plans of allowing myself to think to past holidays unless they are fun memories of me and Joshua when he was a kid. Because, we always enjoyed the holidays and made the most of what little we had.

So here is my open invitation to everyone. You are all welcome to join me for anything I do to celebrate the holidays just be prepared to have fun and probably get dirty.