I have added to the group...again. This time instead of hamsters and gerbils we have taken in some wandering guinea pigs. I started with Zoe & Zara, they needed a new home because the military base was making their owners get rid of them. I was originally going to foster them while Steve Sehr who has Save a Cavy Guinea Pig Rescue could list them on his website and get them adopted. But, the two girls are so obese and scared that I felt it was only fair that they be given a nice quiet place to live.
The other two I have are Snowball and Cinnamon, the little girl who owned just did not have the time to devote to them anymore. So here they came into the house and they will be fostered until Save a Cavy can find them a home. They are adorable, well cared for and friendly mother and daughter pair.
The most I can say about having piggies is that they are very vocal and it drives the dogs nuts.