A purity ring is worn by both boys and girls and it is their vow to remain a virgin until they are married. They are choosing abstinence as their way of life until they are in a marriage. They do not say if the marriage has to be a traditional one between man and woman or if same sex marriages are okay. But since this is a Christian based idea my guess is it has to be a traditional marriage.
My first thought was "What a cool idea" you get kids to vow to remain celibate until they are married and when you are 14 or 15 and have not had sex yet you can easily make this vow. However, if I recall correctly from my teen years once you have sex it is all over from there. My second thought was "How many teens will stay committed to this idea?" Once again I recall my own teen years and my attention span around boys was about as long as a field mouse. Any shiny object caught my attention. Maybe if I had a shiny ring I would have stayed a virgin longer. I doubt it.
Okay so back to me wanting one. Why you ask? That is simple because I am not having sex with anyone and it is an excellent reason to buy a new ring. Like I said before I gave all the jewelry back to #3 so I am seriously lacking in the ring department. I will get a new ring and whenever anyone comments on it, I will tell them "It is a purity ring. It tells the world that I am remaining a virgin until marriage." I can't wait to see the looks of confusion when they realize that not only am I 40 years old, been married 3 times but I also have a kid. Hey, if the religious leaders and politicians can rewrite history, I can rewrite my own life. Right?
So here are my two choices for rings. Tell me which looks more like the ring of a celibate person.

