I decided that if I am going to ever get back into the world I have to start socializing with more people than Phyllis. Not that I don't love socializing with Phyllis; cause I do, but Phyllis is my girlfriend and once in a while I need the companionship of the male kind.
As I said I am not really interested in a permenant relationship because I really do not have the time to devote to that. But, I do enjoy having a man around once in awhile to go to dinner with, dancing with or just to hang out with. I realized that the men are not exactly knocking on my door and the ones that do I scare away. I also realized that the only males in my house are a neutered dog, a blind guinea pig, a gerbil and two hamsters. None of which are viable dating material. Well Tau is but it requires that I take a poop bag when we go out and that is not romatic at all.
So I have started the process of going out on my own or taking a friend to various functions around town where I can meet, mingle and socialize with people I don't know. My astrologer says that I prefer to hang out with a small group of close friends versus a large party. This is true to a point, I do prefer smaller groups because it is more intimate and you can be more engaging. Large groups are okay, but I feel like I never get to talk to everyone I want to. So we are going to mix it up and do both.
My first foray into the social world is a formal affair - tuxes required. The Hispano Chamber of Commerce is having their annual La Noche Encantada event this evening and I have got 2 tickets to attend. It is a dinner, dance and concert by Gregg Rolie who is the original singer for Santana. I am not really interested in the concert but I am interested in the dinner and dancing. Of course when you attend one of these events you do need a date so I am taking my friend Harold along. Who as of this morning was complaining about having to wear a tux but I know he was really looking forward to going.
My next foray is a party next Saturday at a friends house. We are celebrating a birthday and his new kitchen remodel. Typically I don't do parties, they can be tedious and time consuming but again, I need to find new people to play with so I have to reevaluate my likes and dislikes.
I will of course give everyone an update on how the formal shindig was. Wish me luck.