Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Saturday started off with 3 kids, 3 dogs, 2 guinea pigs and 1 daddy. My mother and sister had to work so the kids were left for my daddy to babysit. This is like asking the dog to babysit your kids, he just sits on the sofa and flips the channels. The kids run all over the place. So I took things into my very capable, child friendly hands. No I did not tie them up and gag them. I did the only thing I know how to do with kids, took them out for donuts. I hyped them up on sugar and gave them back to my sister. I did play outside with them on the swings and the trampoline and took some photos after the sugar induced donut incident.

When my mother got off work and my sister took the kids home I headed out with my mom and Joe to meet my brother David for lunch. I wanted to go to Fry’s Electronic store to look for an electric plug for my laptop. This is a store that was built for men it is the weirdest store I think I have ever been in. First off it is designed to look like NASA so the interior of the store is all space ships and stars. It did not make any sense to me but I had boobs and it was not meant to make sense. They have everything that you can think of that plugs into an outlet. They have computers, TV’s, cameras, appliances, small appliances, computer books, games, movies, music, phones, and more. Like I said if you plug it in they sold it. They even sold crap that you use to fix the things you plug into the wall. I did not find what I was looking for but took the time to call Joshua and rub it in that I was in his favorite store. He was not impressed.

Once this journey was over, we headed to Methodist Hospital to visit my brother Jerry who is recovery from a medical procedure. It was fun visiting with him for a bit and running around my old stomping grounds of the Museum District. As we headed out to the parking garage you pay before you leave the building with a vending machine that takes credit cards it is very convenient but when you are finished it actually says “Thank and come back again soon” we are in a hospital for god sakes who wants to come back again soon? I just thought that was weird.

I dropped my mother and Joe off and went to spend some quality time shopping. As I went from store to store I loved walking around outside in January in Texas. It is warm and the air is humid and it smells great. I miss that so much. It was January and the temperature was maybe 60 degrees the air was full of fragrance from the moisture and the flowers. I was in heaven but on a mission. I had to get my requisite Blue Bell ice cream and I was planning my trip to New Orleans so it was off to bed for me or so we thought.

Next: The Disaster of Saturday Night