Wouldn’t it be fun and productive if every morning when we woke up there was a nice little note by our beds that explains what the hell our dreams mean. I have some dreams that I know I am suppose to be getting something from but, for the life of me I just seem to get confused. There are some dreams that are just obvious and I really don’t have to think about what they mean.

A few nights ago I had a dream that revolved around the ocean. The first part of the dream I had a vision that Galveston had too many sharks along the coast and I needed to let my nephew, Joseph know that he should not go surfing that day. He could swim but not surf since it confuses the sharks. Two things struck me as odd with this dream: 1) who surfs in Galveston? and 2) My nephew is 9 he is not going to Galveston alone to swim or surf. But, either way I needed to tell him.

I did stop to take notice of a few things while I was having this dream, the water was very calm with no waves or ripples. The sharks were non aggressive and just swimming along their merry way. These are good things since the dream would have a different meaning if there was rough water or violent animals.

The second dream of the night also revolved around the ocean. This time I was in a huge mansion in L.A. it was not one of the California mansions that is all glass and steel but an English manor with an extensive garden that opened up to the beach. Once again the water was calm. In this dream the garden had a goldfish pond and we took the fish out of it and put them in a bucket. I realized one of the goldfish had jumped out of the bucket and I was frantically looking for it. I picked up the bucket and it was not on the green checked towel underneath (am detailed oriented or what?), it was not on the sidewalk and then I saw it. Tau had the fish in his mouth. I told him to drop the fish and he did and but the fish was already dead. Tau quickly got the fish again but I was able to get it from him.

My mission now was to take the fish to the ocean and return it to Mother Earth. As I walked through the garden I was saying my ritual that I do when an animal crosses over. Basically, it is just asking that the Goddess accept the animal into Summerland and give it a wonderful life on the other side. I held the little fish with the bite out of his fishy body in my hands as I walked to the ocean.I never made it to the ocean because I have the attention span of a toddler lately and apparently I was lead astray by a shiny tour bus. In fact I don’t know what happened to the dead fish I did not see it again.When I woke up I just laughed because I could still see the look on Tau’s face as he held this fish in him mouth. He looked disgusted to say the least and slightly pissed that I would put him in this dream of mine.

Last night I had a dream once again revolving around the ocean but with dolphins. I was taking Josh and my sister out to see if we could see any dolphins in the bay and they were everywhere. Now anyone who was raised around the ocean knows that you are lucky if you see one or two dolphins but not a ton of them. But they were everywhere.

So what does all this tell me? What am I suppose to learn from dreaming about the ocean and it's inhabitants? Here is the interpretation of my dreams.

Dreaming about the ocean or sea represents your unconscious and your transition between your unconscious and conscious. It also often represents your emotions. This makes sense to me since I have been working for some time on understand my subconscious mind and knowing all that there is to know. It also makes sense that the ocean represents emotions. For me when I get stress or burnt out I go back to the ocean. Just walking along the shore or sitting and resting or even driving along it is like having a 3 hour massage. It is very rejuvenating and wonderful for me. It also goes with the fact that I am a very emotional person. I feel things other don't feel or don't want to feel.

Dreaming about a goldfish signifies, wealth, success and pleasant adventures. It also represents important emotional matter or valuable insight. I am not sure if this is still true when your dog eats the goldfish. Would that negate the good or bring more wealth and success? Who knows on that.

The Dolphins symbolize spiritual guidance, your intellect, mental attributes and emotional trust.

Utilize your mind to its capacity and you will move upward in life. Alternatively, it suggests that a line of communication has been established between the conscious and unconscious aspects of yourself. Dolphins represent your willingness and ability to explore and navigate through your emotions.

It is interesting that all these revolve around my subconscious mind. But it does make sense as I delve more into my subconscious and try to uncover what is there and learn how to mesh the conscious and the subconscious mind.

I wonder what dreams are next?