After my euphoric shopping trip I headed back to my parents to get ready for my trip to Louisiana that I had been planning on all week. I was trying to figure out what to wear that would be comfortable yet layered for the weather. One of the chaotic events of this trip was keeping my dogs separate from my brother's dog Brandy. Brandy is a very large mastiff who is very dog aggressive. With people she is the sweetest dog ever but with other dogs she is not. So we had to make sure that Brandy, Tau and Kali were never in the same place at the same time.

This approach worked well until Saturday night when Brandy was allowed back into the house while Tau & Kali were in the living room. Brandy immediately attacked Tau and this was not a simple dominance attack she was in for the kill. There are several things to this incident that were bad right off Brandy weighs in at about 150 plus pounds Tau weighs in at about 9. Brandy's head easily hits at my hip in a relaxed state; Tau's is at my ankle. So you can see the difference in size it was huge. Luckily I was in the living room at the time and saw the door open before Brandy got in, I just was not fast enough to get to Tau or Kali before she did. I was however, able to grab her collar and lift the entire dog off the floor and off Tau who was able to run to the bedroom with Kali.

If you have never experienced Tau hurt or upset it is an event to see. He does not stop screaming like a banshee until he is completely calm, while he is in his screaming fit his sister will protect him at all cost, which means biting me anytime I try to touch him. Once I was able to get to Tau I was able to check him for damages; another thing that is hard to do with the screaming and his long hair. But, I was able to determine no bones were broken, he could walk, and he was still breathing (in between the screaming). With Tau the best way to calm him is to swaddle him in a blanket and treat him like an infant. Once swaddled he settled down and I was better able to ascertain the extent of his injuries, he was defiantly limping on one leg and cried anytime you touched his side or neck. Upon further inspection I found a small puncture on his head and side but nothing life threatening. He was defiantly bruised and in shock. He spent 5 hours laying on the bed staring off into space.

Because of this I decided it would be best not to leave him unattended for too long while I went to Louisiana. So the trip to New Orleans and the Myrtles was cancelled and I spent Sunday with Joseph celebrating our birthdays together. At this point in the trip I was ready to call it quits and head home. But I didn't I stayed for another day.

Next: Day 4 - Cindy and Joseph Celebrate