Thanksgiving was this past Thursday and for me it was relatively a nice day. I did have to go into work which was not something I was looking forward to but it turned out okay. It was a cold and rainy day here in Albuquerque but I was indoors so it did not matter too much. My two best friends were over; Phyllis and Eddie. We had a nice traditional dinner with turkey (breast only, we don't like dark meat), mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, fresh bread, stuffing and pumpkin pie. We ate till we could not eat anymore and then just vegged out and watched National Treasure 2. When the evening was over everyone went home and the start of Christmas was in full swing.

I volunteered to work on Black Friday to save myself the temptations of shopping. With cold weather comes the busy season for the mortuary business. Since the weather has stayed relatively nice for much of the fall the mortuary business has been slower than usual. It is starting to pick up as the weather changes, I have no doubt that I will be busy for the next several weeks.

This holiday season has already started off much different that last years. Last year I was so far into a depression that I did not know one day from the next, much less one holiday from the next. I have already put up my tree and made a wreath for my door and one for my neighbors door. And as all the years in the past I am ready for January and the end of the holiday season.