Several years ago I discovered a great way to de stress during the day. I found various webcams on line and if I started to get frazzeled I would go to one of the sites I liked and just watch for a few minutes. As the holidays approach and we are start stressing over the little things stop and visit one of these sites and just relax.
The Puppy Cam: Watch 6 Shiba Inu puppies do what puppies do best play and sleep.
http://cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/4/viewer.45.swf?cid=317016
Elephant Seals: Ano Nuevo Island off the California coast is one of the largest Elephant Seal colonies. They have a webcam set up where you can watch them bask in the sun, fight, swim and just do nothing. The babies some in the winter so you can watch them roll around.
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/sealcam/
Wild Africa: You are viewing Pete's Pond in Botswana Africa. The one draw back to this one is that the best time to view it is hard for us to do. They are 9 hours ahead of us in New Mexico, example it is 7:50 pm there and 10:50 am here. The best times to view are early morning there and early evening there. But watching this webcam I have seen elephants, hyenas, strange monkeys, wild dogs and lots of birds.
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/wildcamafrica/
Belize Reefs: This is a new webcam and it is underwater. You watch the reef in Belize. It is not really exciting but it is very relaxing to watch the current sway from side to side. You will see a variety of fish and sometimes a shark or two.
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/wildcambelize/
Monteray Bay Aquarium: This is one of the best webcams. They have 8 different cameras at different exhibits. Of course I love the Outer Bay Aquarium because that is where they display the Great White Shark when they get one in the early fall. This years has already been released in the wild but the last 3 years they had one in the aquarium for several months. But it is still fun to watch the HUGE fish and turtles they have. They also have a camera for the otters and the bay. The bay is relaxing because you watch the waves and you can hear the water and the seals in the background. Once in awhile you will see a little seal in the water hanging out on the rock, you will see boaters and kayakers go by in the warmer weather.
http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/cam_menu.asp
So when you start feeling stressed go to one of these sites and relax. I will post more as they become available. I am waiting for the Polar Bear Cam and the Grizzle Cam to come back online but that will not happen anytime soon due to weather issues.
Posted by
Cynthia