Well it’s finally over with. The presidential elections have come and gone and I do not have to hear the saying “I’m so and so and I approve this message” for another couple of years. I don’t have to listen to radio ads or tv ads were they bash the other person anymore. And for that I am grateful.

I never expected how emotional this election would be for me. I try not to be an overly emotional person; try being the operative word in this sentence. But watching the events unfold last night was simply agonizing. So I did not watch anything on TV. Kyle emailed me when CNN and CBS announced Obama as the possible winner and Harold called me to tell me. he won So my friends kept me updated.

I can say this morning when I woke up and realized Obama was our new president I was so emotional and excited at the same time. In all my years of being able to vote I have never been passionate about one candidate or another, it was always picking the lesser of the two evils. But, every since Obama won his seat in the Senate I have really liked him; I like his persona, his energy, and most of all his vibration. And his youngest daughter is absolutely hysterically funny.

This election crossed more boundaries that as American’s we like to think do not exist. But, even in the 21st century many American’s based their entire beliefs based on the color of a person's skin and whether they are male or female. Some American’s still have very deep feelings about what a woman can and can not do in this world and some still feel that unless you are white you have no rights to the American dream. I can only hope that this election will help kill those thoughts and beliefs for good.

During this election season we saw Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin do a great job representing women in politics. They both gave 110% to their respected parties and for that I admire both of these ladies. Barack Obama did what no one could do and that was prove that Americans are able and ready to elect an African American into the White House. Americans told the world that we trust him to lead us into the future. We are entrusting him with the task of re building the credibility of America with the entire world. I know a lot of American’s think that if another country does not like us that is fine we should ignore them and never deal with them again. That may work in high school but not in the real world. In the real world we have to deal with other countries and their leaders, whether we believe in their way of life or not. So to have countries that see us as an enemy is not a good thing. 9/11 can happen again and if we have bad relations with other countries it is only giving their people more reasons to strike out at us.

On the radio this morning someone said “Doesn’t the world feel different today?” and it does. For the first time in many years I feel a difference, I feel like there is hope for America out there. I feel like we can now start the process of bringing our soldiers back home to their families and let those countries rebuild on their own. I feel like we can start to fix our education system so that our kids are not the dumbest ones on the planet. I feel like we can start to once again take care of our own people first and start rebuilding our economy so that the middle class (most of us) can actually save some money for the future instead of living pay check to pay check.

All I can say is this is how I am feeling today, November 5, 2008 and I hope this time next year, the year after that and all the way until 2012 I will still feel the same way.