I decided yesterday that in the year 2009 I am going to go on a vacation by myself, completely alone, no one but me, myself and I. I know I travel all over the place alone but I want to travel, vacation and return home alone. This is one of my goals of self discovery, learning how to be happy in a new environment alone. Without anyone to rely on or ask questions of or depend on to know what we are doing.

I am trying to figure out where it is I want to go and when. My ideas are:

1. Hawaii
2. Carribbean cruise
3. Mexico (Isla Holbox)
4. California

Hawaii is still my top choice. It seems fairly easy to get to and I can spend a week on the beach. I like the cruise idea because it is all inclusive and you go to relatively safe places that I can explore alone. Mexico is probably out of the question due to their continued civil unrest and drug wars it seems to dangerous to be wandering off alone. California would be nice for whale watching or shark diving but not much more. I have never really been a big fan of California. The water is too cold to enjoy and it is too crowded. besides you need a car to go everywhere.

I want to be able to take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then bus or cab after that. I don't want to spend my vacation driving around. I want to go on a few tours and spend the time alone working on my own stuff. This is why Hawaii or a cruise are sounding more practical. If you can think of somewhere you want to ad to my list please do so. Here are my requirements.

1. Must have beach
2. Not a major city
3. Safe for me to be alone