"If you haven't figured out,...I wanted a relationship with you primarily for your loyalty. I thought we could travel well together (a huge plus)..."
"The lesson? Don't buy a car without a test drive,...and don't get married without a significant try-out. The pagan ritual of a one year handfast before marriage would be wise,...although only the most mature people could probably benefit"
My advice to him was that you get a dog for loyalty and a traveling companion you don't marry someone. And then in his ever romantic way he compared me to test driving a car. But, in all honesty he was right, I gave more thought to buying a car than marrying him. I guess that is why I have a car and not him. And a hand fasting is a year and a day, but what good would that do if you were happy on day 366 so you made it legitimate and then on day 458 you no longer liked them? The hand fasting does not prevent divorce or prevent one partner going psycho and having a mid life crisis.
Again, another great reminder why I am glad we are over and he is on to looking for his next loyal travel companion. I hope she is smarter than I was.