It is with great sadness that I learned that my step mother Sue passed away unexpectantly on December 15th. I received an email from my father, Bill informing me of her death this morning.
Sue and my father; have been together for 39 years. That is pretty much my entire life. She was one of the kindest people I will ever know. We always had a saying about Sue; she was a person that no one could dislike. She was always smiling when I saw, even when my father was battling Leukemia and she was exhausted. Whenever she saw me walk in the hospital room she would smile and give me a hug. She was always more concerned about everyone around her and how they were doing than for herself. Sue and I spent a lot of time talking during those weeks and months and I felt like I got to know her just a little bit better.
I know for me this is a huge lose of a great person. The world is a little less brighter without her in it. But, I know that where she is now is a good place and it is a brighter place with her in it.
My love goes out to my father, and sister Sara and brother Patrick. I hope they know that their mom was a great lady who with just a smile made someones day much better.