This was the first holiday for all the critters (at least that I know of). I can say they all waited anxiously for Santa to appear and since they are up in the middle of the night Santa came at a different time for them than for the dogs.

Each critter had their own stocking. My entertainment center looked very festive with a stocking for Tau & Kali at each end and in between 9 little stockings for the critters. Each critter got a honey stick from Santa, except Sasha she got a chewy log filled with seeds. She had gnawing issues. They also got new balls to run around in. Everyone got their presents around 12:30 on Christmas morning when they were awake and mom was still baking. Shortly after wards we all went to bed.

Early on Christmas morning...okay it was 11 on Christmas morning but early is different for each person. Tau and Kali were anxiously awaiting their gifts (not really but I like to pretend). They each got toys and cookies and of course Kali confiscated everything for herself. Mommy got a brand new jewelry box from Josh and the kids. Exactly what I wanted and needed since I no longer had one.

Our Christmas dinner was a bit different this year. There was no way any of us could handle another turkey and stuffing. So we went with a traditional New Mexican Christmas dinner with a few little adjustments to the menu. Since Phyllis does not eat pork Eddie made beef tamales from scratch. They were absolutely amazing. I made pinto beans without pork and they were pretty damn good. We had chips and queso, guacamole and more desserts than you can shake a stick at.

We ate and ate and ate then exchanged gifts. With the three of us we are usually all about gifts with meaning and reasons behind them. We try to give things that will help the other person in one way or another and sometimes we give things that are just fun to look at. Either way it is always fun and full of love. This is how we like to spend our holidays, with each other.

Lucky for us and our waistline I am working New Years so we won't be doing dinner but we will ring in the New Year our own way I am sure.