As I said in the previous post I was given two Campbell Russian Dwarf Hamsters which the production assistant that originally wanted to adopt them named them Mo and Hawk because they have a black line of fur that runs down their back looking much like a mohawk.

Well you know that all my animals get names based on their personality or some other twisted version of naming them. These two were hard to name because they are just plain mean. But on top of the meanness they are incredibly curious animals. The first night I was able to hold them and cuddle them but that ended after a night in the sanctuary and I am sure after their orientation from the other animals in there they were taught not to be nice.

The names did not come to me until late last night when I was creating cages for them to help with their curiosity. Buddha was named Buddha because he is kinda rotund and he has a habit of sitting on his fat fanny in his food bowl and he looks like a fat Buddha.

Lakshmi was named after the Hindu goddess Lakshmi who is the goddess of wealth and prosperity. I figured this time of year is all about prosperity and good will. So why not name her after the goddess and hopefully she will bring those two qualities into my home.

Besides every since I saw the story of the baby Lakshmi in India who was born with 4 arms and 4 legs, or basically a headless twin attached to her I have been dying to have something to name Lakshmi just because I LOVE that name. I thought about having a baby and naming her Lakshmi but it was so much easier to get a hamster and a lot cheaper.

I will post photos as soon as Josh get's here with my camera. But for the meantime they look like this...