I have been asked by many people over the years various questions regarding Spirit Guides. Some are curious, some are doubtful and some just want something to believe in. So I thought maybe it was time to make a post as to what a spirit guide is, what they do and most importantly what they do not do. So here we go, stop me anytime to ask questions. Just remember you are reading this so I will not answer them right away.
First off let me start by saying this is my opinion and my opinion is based on my experiences and teachings from my guides. There are many different ideas and visions on what spirit guides are. Many religions and cultures have their own versions and beliefs surrounding guides and spirit guides are called many things depending on what that person's beliefs are. So you may hear and read several different interpretations. It will be up to you to decide for yourself what you want to retain and what you want to release.
I have several different guides that I communicate with on a regular basis. "Z" short for Ziere who is my main guide and his job is to pass on information to me from the guides I do not work with regularly. He is the leader of the pack so to speak. "Z" has been communicating with me my entire life on one level or another. But it has only been in the past 10 years or so that I have truly come to trust what he is telling me and to know that he is there for me. When Z and I first started working together on a regular daily basis I had a difficult time letting go of my preconceived ideas and following his guidance. I would argue and fight until the bitter end and then end up doing what he suggested and it would work out great. After awhile I thought of this as a weakness but I was told that this was my personality based on my experiences in this lifetime. So it was not a weakness just a learned tactic and that over time I would release this from my way of living and do things in an easier way. Z also liked to talk like a fortune cookie and that drove me nuts. I want plain and simple answers not a Chinese proverb. So we have an understanding, he can talk in his proverbise all he wants, but if he really wants me to listen and listen good it is plan English and that is what we do.
Tanta is Tau & Kali' guide, she was introduced to me when I went on a trip and left the kids at a kennel. The only way to describe Tanta is to say she has a serious case of ADD and bounces off the walls like a rubber ball. When I first meet her I was very concerned because she was not the type of personality I usually get along with. However, I was told that Tanta was a guide for the dogs and in order to work with them properly she needed to match their personality and their energy level. So I can truly say she is perfect for those two crazy animals.
Daved is the guide that belongs to Joshua. He stays with me most of the time but I can check in on Joshua through him. I can ask that he go and stay with Joshua if I know that he is having a hard time. But most of the time I rely on Z to handle the duties of him.
Ivey is a new guide that I was just introduced to a few weeks ago. She is brass and crass and everything I love about what a woman can be. Her specific area is my spirituality. She is there to help me on the path to my own enlightenment through my craft.
When I meet a new guide for the first time I am not told their name. I am given a word and it is up to me to give that word a sound. With Ivey I was given letters and I knew it was either Ivey or Ivory I just was not sure which. Well she answered that question when I said both words out loud and got the response of "Well it certainly isn't Ivory".
Based on information told to me by Z there is a guide for anything and everything that you do. You have a guide who helps you do your work, finances, education, travels, health, etc. In order to access them you simply have to call on them. They are waiting there for you and when you call they answer. A big misconception about guides is that they are all native american. I think this may have come about because many people think of native americans as wise and spiritual people which I am sure they are. But, there are billions of others out there that are just as wise and spiritual and not native american. I have one friend (and I won't tell you who) that has a Hasidic Jew for a guide. I do not know the nationality of my guides because I never thought it was important to know. I think of them as spirits and therefore they are all nationalities and all races. I also think of Z as a male form, he has never said whether he was male or female but I use to get along with men much better than women and therefore I attached this to him. As I have grown older I am able to have more women friends that I love and trust and therefore I am able to put trust into a female guide easier.
Most people want to know how to communicate with their guides. I have recently discovered that this is a very difficult task for me to explain. Simply because it is a non thinking automatic thing for me; like breathing. I have a very hard time explaining how to do something that is 2nd nature to me. If you want to communicate with your guides there are a ton of articles on line about it or I can highly recommend visiting a friend of mine here in Albuquerque, Dr. Melanie Robinson; who can help you with that her website is http://www.agapeblessing.com/ and she is great.
It is necessary to explain that your guides are there for you and you alone. They are not something you can pass along to a friend like a pair of sandals. They have been with you since the beginning of time and will stay with you until the end of time. Over the centuries and lifetimes you will have new ones join you who will bring with them a new level of knowledge and experience.
I get friends who will ask me to check in with my guides on various things. If it is important to me then I can usually get some information. However if it is something that has no meaning to me or does not concern me then I will usually be told that. So if you called me and wanted to know if you were going to win the lottery on Wednesday and wanted me to ask the guides. I would not be able to give you an answer. First off they would lecture me on the level of importance humans place on money; I have gotten this lecture so many times I really do not want to hear it again. Then they will tell me that it is unimportant for me to know what you will win in the future. On the other hand, if you called me and you were concerned about your health or your child or your spouse the response would be different. Why? Because you are important to me or you would not be in my life. Therefore, if you are having a concern about something that affects you greatly it will be a concern of mine. I could then ask them if they knew anything and I would get a good response from them. Keep in mind though that we are not meant to know everything. Some things are a lesson that must be learned by experience and living through it.
Having an open communication with your guides does have it's draw backs. People think I can use them as a fortune telling tool and they get mad when I can't. Guides are not a toy, they are nothing a magic 8 ball you shake up and ask a question to and get a yes/no/maybe/ask again answer. They are a serious part of your life and as such they expect to be treated with respect. If you are not going to believe what they tell you then they will tell you nothing. One reason I do not use my communication with them as a way of life is because people expect a certain guarantee on what information they will get. When the information is not what they want to hear they will discredit you and belittle you and make you regret that you ever helped them in the first place.
Also, your guides are not there to torture you and make your life miserable. Your life is what you make it. If you spent time in the past doing what you wanted and not thinking about the damage it has done to others you are going to have to pay for that. The guides can not get you out of the hot spot that you put yourself in. So don't call up people who communicate with spirits and ask "When will my life get better?" Only to denounce them when the response is "When you start making it better." Because that is their answer and they are not going to apologize for it nor are they going to make up something to fit your mood or to make you happy.
Communicating with your guides can be a very spiritual and happy experience. But it can be a frustrating one as well. The guides look at life as black and white, humans look at life as a rainbow of colors. If you are having a hard time with someone they will tell you to put them out of your life and move on. They do not usually look at the emotional humanistic side to our lives and I have to remind them pretty regularly that I am a human and therefore it is not black and white.
I also get asked if I can talk to someone else's guides. The answer to that is generally no. What I can do is discuss it with my guides and if they feel it is necessary they can communicate with your guides and find out information for you if you are unable to do so yourself. I don't usually like to do this because as I mentioned above it never really works out well for me. And if my guides spend the time to talk to your guides and pass on the information only to be ridiculed they are not real thrilled to waste the time again.
One last topic. I have had people say that they had their guides "check in" on me because they were worried about me. Don't do this people, it is rude and an invasion of my spiritual privacy. If you are worried about someone call them not your guides. Besides I have protection up so you will not get an accurate answer to your inquiry about me and if I wanted you to know what was going on in my personal private life I will tell you.
Now that you have read the post, asked your questions and are sitting there waiting for me to answer, you may want to send me an email with those questions because as I always say I am good but I have not mastered the talent of mind reading.
Posted by
Cynthia