A new study done by an assistant psychology professor at Brigham Young University found that you will have better blood pressure if you are single than if you are in a bad marriage. WOW...REALLY...WHO KNEW.
Seriously folks this was a study done by a professor at Brigham Young University, she used 204 people and 90 single people. They all wore a device that would measure their blood pressure over a 24 hour period. It was found that those in a good marriage had lower blood pressure and those in a bad marriage had higher blood pressure. The actual findings of this study were (and I quote)"A happy marriage is good for your blood pressure, but a stressed one can be worse than being single." Well I am so glad that I am single because I am pretty sure with the stress my marriage had one of us would have been dead shortly.
After reading this fascinating article I got to thinking there must be more points to being healthy and single so I went on a search to find out if in fact you can be healthier Single than Married. Here is what I found:
1. You weight less: Studies have found that when women get married they generally gain 5-8 pounds in the first 2 years. That does not sound like a lot but hey my marriage broke up over weight issues so I am sure there are a lot of other guys out there with this problem as well.
2. Being single means that your home is your domain. You never have to worry about if your partner will approve of the new curtain, sofa, chair, rug, towels, etc. because the only partner you have is your other personalities. Let me tell you all my personalities agree with my household furniture. Except for Nigel that snotty British personality who does not like anything unless it has a crochet doily under it.
3. You own the entire bed, I know this sounds silly but own my whole King Size bed. I can sleep anywhere in it that I want too. I can use as many pillows or blankets that I want. I do not have to share any of it. Well except for the dogs, and they sleep on top of me so it does not matter where I am in the bed.
4. The cookies are still there the next day. Yes when you live alone the same amount of cookies, chips, bread, soda, ice, etc. are there when you come home as when you left. If I get up at 4am and want a brownie, I know that they are still in the cupboard because that is where I put them and no one else is there to eat them.
Yes, these are trivial things to be happy about when you are single. But when all your friends are married or in a committed relationship and think everyone else should be as well. These are the best comebacks to use when they are giving you the top 10 reasons to have a man.