As I said in the previous post my friend Jerry and I spent last Sunday wandering around some local cemeteries. One of the things I discovered several years ago when I was an active ghost hunter was that things can and do follow you home. Many of my friends who are ghost hunters and scientists will tell you that they do not follow you home and even if they could why would they do it.
Well I am here to tell you that they can follow you home. How do I know this because I have it happen pretty often. With this past weekend I kept waking up off and on all night and wondering weird things such as; Did I lock the doors? The windows? My car? weird thoughts like this. After about the 4th time I knew no one was in the house because the dogs were fine. But, I could feel an energy that was a bit off. Now having weird energy in my house is nothing new and I am very use to it. In fact I usually do not notice until they start making themselves known. Also, when I moved into my home I did some pretty heavy duty protection on it and so I know that nothing will get in there that is not safe, they may annoy me but they can not harm me. So I checked in with the guides and they simply said "You picked up something while wandering today. Don't worry about we are taking care of it." Well that is all I needed to hear and I went right back to sleep.
I was thinking about "who" came home with me and I realized I do this often. Almost every time I go to a cemetery I bring something back with me. I also remember talking to many fellow ghost hunters and reading books and they all say "No they can not follow you home." My question is "Why can't they?" They are a free spirit and able to go where they want to. It has been proven that many ghosts will go somewhere because of the energy that is there. Many schools report hearing children laughing and playing when no one is there. But they do not know of any accident that occurred at the school to cause it to be haunted. There does not have to be an accident there the children spirits are attracted to the living children's energy and therefore will stay there until they need to move on.
In my case, they know that I can sense them and that I can feel their presence so they will attach themselves to me. They also know that my energy is accepting of them. This is all well and good but it gets very tiring after a while. Over the last few years I have taught myself to not recognize the lower level spirits. Simply because you get bombarded with newly departed ones that are confused and want answers. There are times if I am at a hospital I will have a hard time going to a certain area. When I check in with the guides or a psychic friend I usually find out a newly departed spirit is there and knows I can sense them. So I have to block them or they will hang on and not take care of their business.
Many wonder about spirits that seem to relive a certain event or time. These are not going to follow you home for the simple reason that they are emotionally attached to that location. They probably don't even know you are there. This is the existence they have created for themselves and are not going to worry about you.
So if you are wondering how to do you keep from bringing anyone home with you when you visit a cemetery. It is simple. First off if you are not open to it they are not going to follow you. But, if you are open to it protect yourself. Not with a gun or pepper spray but with an energy bubble. Surround yourself with a bubble of protection where only you are in it. Also I always try to leave the cemetery by thanking them for allowing me into their neighborhood and leaving a small token at the gate, flowers, a pretty rock something that will add to their world. This also mentally ends my journey there. I just forgot about doing that on my weekend journey. But I will remember in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns about what is around you feel free to email me or call me and I will help where I can. One thing I will tell you though is if you think your home is haunted don't immediately assume that the spirit is evil and wants to harm you. That is almost never the case, most "evil" hauntings are the livings own imagination and fears. Also, just because you want the spirit to leave does not mean they will leave and attempting to force them out can cause problems in the long run. A ghost can be your best friend when they feel you are protecting what was once theirs. They are better than any guard dog you could ever own and they don't eat anything or leave things to clean up after.
So happy hauntings to you all.