Yes my friends, I have officially declared that August 8th is now a national holiday. It will be called “It’s All About Me Day”. I figured it the president can make a national holiday so can I.
When I was a teen I created my own day, June 11th. This was a day that I could anything on. As I got older I would take the day off work to spend it with Joshua and play. The last few years have been very ho-hum with the holiday and I have not done much. But, I still knew it was my day.
I realized that June 11th is one day after my wedding anniversary with #3. Great another good day ruined by a bad decision. I really felt like I could not honor the day the way it was meant to be honored now that it was tainted. I also realized that I created June 11th based on a past love. Good lord, my whole life is based on past loves and bad relationships.
Since I am now a single woman whose life revolves around one male and he is furry and has 4 legs and barks a lot. I figured it was time to change the day to something that was more appealing. So my new day is now August 8th. Why August 8th? Because not one thing happened on August 8th that I can remember and I have no relationship connotations, no anniversaries, no first date memories, absolutely nothing related to another person has ever happened on August 8th.
This year August 8th is a Friday so that makes a party much more easy. So everyone must mark on their calendar to save Friday, August 8th. I am not sure what I will do but I can guarantee it will revolve around fun and maybe dancing men, one can never tell with me.
Keep watching the blog and your email for more information on It’s All About Me Day.
When I was a teen I created my own day, June 11th. This was a day that I could anything on. As I got older I would take the day off work to spend it with Joshua and play. The last few years have been very ho-hum with the holiday and I have not done much. But, I still knew it was my day.
I realized that June 11th is one day after my wedding anniversary with #3. Great another good day ruined by a bad decision. I really felt like I could not honor the day the way it was meant to be honored now that it was tainted. I also realized that I created June 11th based on a past love. Good lord, my whole life is based on past loves and bad relationships.
Since I am now a single woman whose life revolves around one male and he is furry and has 4 legs and barks a lot. I figured it was time to change the day to something that was more appealing. So my new day is now August 8th. Why August 8th? Because not one thing happened on August 8th that I can remember and I have no relationship connotations, no anniversaries, no first date memories, absolutely nothing related to another person has ever happened on August 8th.
This year August 8th is a Friday so that makes a party much more easy. So everyone must mark on their calendar to save Friday, August 8th. I am not sure what I will do but I can guarantee it will revolve around fun and maybe dancing men, one can never tell with me.
Keep watching the blog and your email for more information on It’s All About Me Day.
