Did you know that each and every one of us is a healer? We all have the ability to heal those around us. We may not have a medical degree but sometimes a degree is not necessary. Healing can be as simple as listening to someone talk about their problems or it can be more involved by using Reiki, massage therapy, acupuncture, etc.
For me I don't know if I have had this ability my whole life or if it is something that came along later in life. But the older I get the more I discover these special talents that I possess. For me the healer part is almost as natural as breathing. As I listen to someone talk about their problems or issues I am given insight into what could be the case or solution for their issues. By talking to someone and making suggestions or asking questions you can easily show them another side of the issue. I have started to do this more and more as people are brought to me for various reasons. Typically they start out as a friend and once I get to know them and I am more comfortable with them I will start to help them with their healing.
As I was doing my nightly guide work on Friday night I was asking about the healer part of me. The guides had lots of insight and knowledge about it. They were happy that I am finding more ways to use this side of myself and I am more comfortable actually doing it. I do have to rememmber to pay attention to them when they give me guidance for someone, because I am always worried about scarying someone off by giving them a message from their guides or from my own. They advised not to worry about the reaction, they would not give me a message if the person could not or was not able to handle it. This happened recently with a person's dog who was ill and we were helping her heal. As I was talking to him the guides had information for him about what he needed to do with his dog and what he needed to communicate to her. I was very skittish about telling him because I don't know him well. But, after a few minutes I passed on the information and he was very accepting of it.
During the meditation I was reminded about my one drawback with healing and that is that I get attached to people to easily. #3 use to always tell me when we were dating that he did not want to get attached to me. He wanted a relationship without attachments. Of course, I know now that is because he had no plans of a permenant relationship. Whether he knew it consciously or not, he was already looking for an out. Anyway, I could not understand how you could be in love with someone and not be attached to them. I know how to do that now. One of the main teachings of Buddha is being unattached so that you can evolve in spirituality and become enlightened.
When a person is brought to me for healing I become attached to them and I will do anything in my power to help with their healing. I would not be able to heal them if I did not care about them. Unfortunately, when the healing is complete they no longer need me and move on. They only needed me for the healing and nothing else. If during the healing we became friends that ends when the healing is done. This has happened so many times since I have been in Albuquerque that I have lost count. Every time it happens, I am hurt, I feel discarded, I feel used and lonely. The person, will usually stay in touch for a few weeks but then it stops and they are no longer available to me as a friend or anything else really.
When I had my mental breakdown at the end of 2007 the only person I felt that I could honestly rely on for support was Phyllis and my friend Gail. Phyllis was my spiritual support and Gail just got me out of the house to laugh once in awhile. The friends I had at work did not want to know what was going on and in the end turned on me like a rabid dog. My family never knew what went on and the few close friends I had in my world were not interested or capable of helping me. It was the worst time I have ever gone through, I have never in my entire life felt so alone. I felt this way because I had created false attachments to people and once again allowed myself to think that they were there for me and they were not. Even still today, it hurts to think about the ones who turned their back on me in my time of need. But, I also know it was a lesson I had to learn in order to become enlightened down the road.
So the guides advised me to heal but to heal without attaching myself to the person. Advise, counsel, send energy but do it with the knowledge that when they are healed they will leave and I have to be okay with that. So I am trying and this will be the lesson of all lessons to learn.
For me I don't know if I have had this ability my whole life or if it is something that came along later in life. But the older I get the more I discover these special talents that I possess. For me the healer part is almost as natural as breathing. As I listen to someone talk about their problems or issues I am given insight into what could be the case or solution for their issues. By talking to someone and making suggestions or asking questions you can easily show them another side of the issue. I have started to do this more and more as people are brought to me for various reasons. Typically they start out as a friend and once I get to know them and I am more comfortable with them I will start to help them with their healing.
As I was doing my nightly guide work on Friday night I was asking about the healer part of me. The guides had lots of insight and knowledge about it. They were happy that I am finding more ways to use this side of myself and I am more comfortable actually doing it. I do have to rememmber to pay attention to them when they give me guidance for someone, because I am always worried about scarying someone off by giving them a message from their guides or from my own. They advised not to worry about the reaction, they would not give me a message if the person could not or was not able to handle it. This happened recently with a person's dog who was ill and we were helping her heal. As I was talking to him the guides had information for him about what he needed to do with his dog and what he needed to communicate to her. I was very skittish about telling him because I don't know him well. But, after a few minutes I passed on the information and he was very accepting of it.
During the meditation I was reminded about my one drawback with healing and that is that I get attached to people to easily. #3 use to always tell me when we were dating that he did not want to get attached to me. He wanted a relationship without attachments. Of course, I know now that is because he had no plans of a permenant relationship. Whether he knew it consciously or not, he was already looking for an out. Anyway, I could not understand how you could be in love with someone and not be attached to them. I know how to do that now. One of the main teachings of Buddha is being unattached so that you can evolve in spirituality and become enlightened.
When a person is brought to me for healing I become attached to them and I will do anything in my power to help with their healing. I would not be able to heal them if I did not care about them. Unfortunately, when the healing is complete they no longer need me and move on. They only needed me for the healing and nothing else. If during the healing we became friends that ends when the healing is done. This has happened so many times since I have been in Albuquerque that I have lost count. Every time it happens, I am hurt, I feel discarded, I feel used and lonely. The person, will usually stay in touch for a few weeks but then it stops and they are no longer available to me as a friend or anything else really.
When I had my mental breakdown at the end of 2007 the only person I felt that I could honestly rely on for support was Phyllis and my friend Gail. Phyllis was my spiritual support and Gail just got me out of the house to laugh once in awhile. The friends I had at work did not want to know what was going on and in the end turned on me like a rabid dog. My family never knew what went on and the few close friends I had in my world were not interested or capable of helping me. It was the worst time I have ever gone through, I have never in my entire life felt so alone. I felt this way because I had created false attachments to people and once again allowed myself to think that they were there for me and they were not. Even still today, it hurts to think about the ones who turned their back on me in my time of need. But, I also know it was a lesson I had to learn in order to become enlightened down the road.
So the guides advised me to heal but to heal without attaching myself to the person. Advise, counsel, send energy but do it with the knowledge that when they are healed they will leave and I have to be okay with that. So I am trying and this will be the lesson of all lessons to learn.