The title says it all. I was sick worse than I have been in years. The best I can come up with is food poisoning. All I can say is that in the past 30 years I have thrown up once and never again. Even pregnant with Joshua I never threw up. Until Friday night. All was fine until about 1am and I woke up in horrible pain. In order for pain to wake me up and actually bother me it had to be bad and it was. Once I determined that I was not dying from a heart attack or something else the fun started. I spent hours and hours being sick. I finally fell asleep around 5 and then up at 8 to go the work.
The interesting thing about being sick in the middle of the night alone is you think about all kinds of things. At one point I was considering a trip to the ER but crossing the street required way too much energy and I just did not have it. Besides I did not want to leave the kids alone for god knows how long. I also got to thinking about if it would have been better having someone there with me. This thought made me throw up again. So I could only surmise that the answer was probably not.
After downing a bottle of Pepto last night to overcome the nausea again I went to bed and woke up this morning feeling almost myself again. I certainly hope that is all for now. The other thing I realized was that you can tell your body to heal itself but that does not mean that will always do it the way you want it to. I am a avid believer in positive thinking when it comes to getting sick. Anytime co-workers or friends are sick, I simply tell myself that I don't want it and I don't have time for it. This seems to work like a charm since I have not had a cold in over a year and the flu bug or anything else in a really long time. However, I did realize that when you poison yourself you can not turn around and tell your body to get better. Your body will not listen to you at this point. I can't tell you how many times I said "OK, enough already. Let's get over this." I got over it alright after 4 hours of puking. But, this was the only way my body could get over it. It had to remove the toxins from my system.
I also made another startling discovery. Throwing up is disgusting and I never plan to do it again. As of 3 days later, my stomach is finally back to normal and the intense pain is gone. But, every muscle in my body hurts right now. So I am moving very slowly but at least I am moving.
The interesting thing about being sick in the middle of the night alone is you think about all kinds of things. At one point I was considering a trip to the ER but crossing the street required way too much energy and I just did not have it. Besides I did not want to leave the kids alone for god knows how long. I also got to thinking about if it would have been better having someone there with me. This thought made me throw up again. So I could only surmise that the answer was probably not.
After downing a bottle of Pepto last night to overcome the nausea again I went to bed and woke up this morning feeling almost myself again. I certainly hope that is all for now. The other thing I realized was that you can tell your body to heal itself but that does not mean that will always do it the way you want it to. I am a avid believer in positive thinking when it comes to getting sick. Anytime co-workers or friends are sick, I simply tell myself that I don't want it and I don't have time for it. This seems to work like a charm since I have not had a cold in over a year and the flu bug or anything else in a really long time. However, I did realize that when you poison yourself you can not turn around and tell your body to get better. Your body will not listen to you at this point. I can't tell you how many times I said "OK, enough already. Let's get over this." I got over it alright after 4 hours of puking. But, this was the only way my body could get over it. It had to remove the toxins from my system.
I also made another startling discovery. Throwing up is disgusting and I never plan to do it again. As of 3 days later, my stomach is finally back to normal and the intense pain is gone. But, every muscle in my body hurts right now. So I am moving very slowly but at least I am moving.