As I travel this road of denial, I am relearning more and more about myself as well as learning new things. Even though I am not 100% into it I still have several accounts with online dating sites. They send me emails and I look to see if Mr. Wonderful is online. Alas, he never is. But, I do actually talk to several of them and see what they have to offer. Alas, it is never much.

One thing that I have learned about myself is that I am 100% positive I no longer want to flip over backwards to make someone like me and if I do not like what they are about that is it, there is no more thoughts of “well maybe I could learn to live with it.” I learned the hard way with #3 that thoughts like that only set you up for disaster.

Point in case, I met this nice guy online and right off I was really impressed with him because we actually had several things in common. He loved to travel and his trips were realistic. Not the usual online lies such as; I love to travel to Europe, Asia, Japan, etc. Of course you do everyone does, but who takes those trips on a regular basis? Okay, Deb does; but no one else I know takes these types of trips more than once or twice in a. His emails were more like this, I love to take trips whenever possible to Colorado, Arizona, Santa Fe, Taos, etc. Now this is real travel. It is travel that is easily fit into your schedule and easily do-able. I do these trips pretty regularly myself. So for the first time I thought maybe someone. Then it crashed to the earth like parts of a satellite.

The emails continued on to say that he likes to travel by bus. Yes, you read it right by bus. Who the hell travels by bus? I hesitantly told him that I drive everywhere I go. He suggested I give the bus a try. To be honest, I gagged a little. I responded that I like to drive because it is very therapeutic for me and while driving I get ideas for writing. I also mentioned that I like to take my dogs with me as much as possible. He lost any chance with me when he responded with this… “try the bus it will give you more time to think as you write… Leave the doggies at Home for a change .... Unless it is for a hiking or camping trip.”

There was no need to respond to this email as far as I was concerned it was so over. First of all why would riding the bus give me more time to think? I would be so concerned with who was around me and their energy that I would not be able to think at all. God forbid if there were pygmies (aka: kids) on the bus. Then what? But to suggest that I leave my doggies at home for a change! Are you kidding me? They are part of my entourage they do not get left at home EVER. But, my favorite part was the hiking or camping line. Can you see me taking Tau & Kali hiking or camping? Tau would be stopping every 10 minutes to tell me his feet were dirty. Kali can only walk for about 20 minutes before her full figure is tired. And of course we all know that to me camping is sleeping with the window opened. To suggest that I would ever sleep outside was the insult of all insults. He was forever banned to the "REJECTED" pile.

Shortly after the indignation wore off I realized “Oh my god, I have returned to my pre 2000 ways. I am a complete snob once again. Hallelujah my true spirit was back.” I am a picky, snotty little girl and I love every minute of it. It took my parents 30 years to turn me into the snob I am today and I appreciate it. But, when I moved in 2000 I had to learn to do a lot on my own and under different circumstances and therefore my inner snob was suppressed. But, now she is back and in full force. So no bus trips for me thank you very much. I have very high expectations of what I want in life from men and if they can not give it too me then it is a simple “see ya.” I will find it somewhere else.