I know once again I have slacked on blogging. I am attempting to learn a new technique called relaxing. It is something I seem to have trouble getting the hang of, but I am determined to learn it. The first few encounters of "nothing to do" were odd to say the least. I was not sure how to respond. I sort of roamed my house and wandered here and there and just felt lost, it was at Phyllis suggestion of learning to relax that I decided to give it a go. So when I found that I had some free time I just sat on my couch and stared off into space, it was not very relaxing, in fact it was completely the opposite. I sat there and thought of all the things I should be doing instead. So after that when I found some free time, I would sit on the couch, turn on the TV, and work on one of the many projects I have going on. Since it is August we are in full swing of preparing gifts for Yule so I am always creating something. Lucky for me this past week was Shark Week so I was very entertained in my down time.

While in the throws of relaxing I decided to take on a new endeavor. I am so happy with my new furry friends that I created
Haven for Hamsters
(http://sites.google.com/site/havenforhamsters/). It is a rescue group for hamsters that need new homes due to their families moving or families just no longer wanting the responsibility of taking care of them any longer. So far I have had several inquiries on adopting hamsters from us and a few who would like me to take their hamsters. It has turned into quite an ordeal but so far I am enjoying it. Of course, Lance and Franklin and not going anywhere they are the mascots not adoptable candidates.

Now to all my readers out there if you see or hear of a hamster that needs rescuing or you are out at a garage sale, yard sale or goodwill and see a cage, aquarium or toys please pick them up for me. I want to be able to take in all that need help but until I get enough supplies I am limited. I do ask that the people surrendering their animal supply an appropriate cage for it but like a call I got yesterday to take 3 baby hamsters they were not expecting when they bought their hamster I did not require it. So I am off to get a cage from someone that listed on on craigslist.
Wish me luck on this endeavor I think it will be lots of fun and a great learning experience for the road to relaxation.