First off, my daddy always told me you never give back jewelry and small appliances when a relationship ends. You hold onto them in hopes of selling them one day for cash. But, I mailed all the jewelry and jewelry box #3 gave me to his mother a few weeks ago. This included my wedding ring. It did take some getting over a few issues to part with these things. I am known for attaching emotions and sentiment to things. It is because I am ruled by the Moon which rules your emotions. So basically I am a freaking emotional person. But when I looked these items I saw a lie. The wedding ring was given to me as a symbol of love and a commitment. I know now that he had no plans on holding up those vows, he was full of doubts and already knew there were things he did not like about me and our relationship. He just thought he could learn to live with it. Like we were a couple of Amish kids getting married and we never met one another before the day of the wedding. They are expected to grow to love one another. As much as I respect the Amish and their way of life, and yes I tell Phyllis about once a month I wish I was Amish, I am not and I do not plan on becoming Amish. Okay, I digress.

Another reason for getting rid of the jewelry is that in my world we believe that when a person gives you an object that is a natural gemstone, ie: diamonds, peridot, garnets, etc. they will have a permenant link to you through those gems. If they know how they can focus on those gems and access your energy field. So when the relationship is over you either give them back or bury and return them to Mother Earth. So I returned them in a round about way.

Personally I think this was a huge step forward for me. Little by little every material possession I have that links me to a past relationship is being released from my life. Unfortunately that also means that I am seriously lacking in the jewelry department now and I have to replenish my stock. Of course I know have to get a jewelry box to hold it all since that is gone as well. Well this is something to look forward to isn't it.