It is now officially April, big whop right? For me April has some pretty tough dates in it which I have never really thought about until now. First off April 6th is when my divorce to #2 was finalized. Not a really big deal but a day in April none the less. April 16th is the day #3 proposed to me and that holds more meaning for me than April 6th.

Even though I am progressing in the process of healing from the relationship with #3 I can’t help but look back on certain events with fond memories. I would love to be able to add some sort of negative effect to this memory but no matter how hard I try I can’t do it. Not because the day is so special too me but because it was actually a great weekend and there really was not anything that went wrong. Damn I hate when that happens.

What I find interesting about this whole break up/divorce thing is how I can go for weeks and be great; I am happy, content, doing my own thing. Then out of the blue here comes this melancholy that will not go away. It is so ridiculous that I am almost ashamed to admit it. But, I wake up fine, get dressed fine and leave the house. But, somewhere between closing the front door and turning on my office light I starting reliving the past. The weather outside reminds me of the weather at home, stupid shit like that. Then I get mad at myself for allowing my heart to over rule my brain once again. I think part of this has to do with Joshua going back home. I always fall into a slump when he leaves and it takes me several weeks to get over it. Once I am in that slump anything is game for triggering my wallowing in self pity mood.

So in order to shake myself out of wallowing I decided to do a little research and find out all the bad things that have happened in April so that I can balance the scale’s so to speak. She here is my list of the “Evils of April”

April 1 – Aprils Fools Day; what the hell is up with this. Someone decided it would be funny to just pick a day to screw with other peoples heads.

April 2, 1995 -Sunday New York Times raises price from $2.00 to $2.50. Like the New York Times needs more money

April 3, 1856 - Gunpowder in church explodes killing 4,000 in Rhodos. Your day can’t get much worse than this. Do you think that those actually in the church went straight to heaven without having to check in with St. Peter? I mean seriously folks they got blown up at church that is just wrong in my book.

April 4, 1918 – Food riots in Amsterdam. Don’t they have legalized marijuana in Amsterdam? My guess they were all high and did not have any potato chips for their munchies. I see the need for the riots.

April 5, 1896 1st modern Olympic Games officially opens in Athens: And our television schedule is still being interrupted 112 years later so we can watch. Thanks a lot.

April 6, 1968 Gunpowder stocks at a sporting-goods store explode, killing 43 (Va). Again with the gunpowder.

April 7, 1997 Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Ft. Myers Florida on WRXK 96.1 FM. This does not even need to be explained why it is bad.

April 8, 1991 Michael Landon announces he has inoperable cancer of pancreas. Who’s life was the same after losing Charles Ingles? Not mine.

April 9, 1865 Robert E. Lee and 26,765 troops, surrender to U.S. Grant at Appomattox. Apparently one of my ancestors surrender his “musical instrument” and I want it back.

April 10, 1972 7.0 earthquake kills 1/5 of population of Iranian province of Fars. So much for April Showers bringing May Flowers, I think it just shook the crap out of them.
THE DISASTER DIJOUR:

APRIL 15, 1912 AT 2:27 A.M. THE RMS TITANIC SINKS OFF THE COAST OF NEWFOUNDLAND. Poor Jack and Rose never to know the love they found aboard the “ship of dreams”.


Okay, I am feeling better now, I have convinced myself that good always has bad even if we can’t find it without looking. And to think I did not even have to go through the entire month to get enough disasters to feel better. My life is good. I have decided that from now on whenever I am with a guy (If that ever happens again) and we are having a nice time, I swear I am going to find one negative aspect to put down just in case I need it for future references.