There is the old saying "Doctor heal thy self" Shirley MacLaine uses that line in "Evening Star" the sequel to "Terms of Endearment". She is dating a doctor (I think a shrink) played by Bill Paxton. He is younger and cute and she is dating him. She meets his mother and finds out she is almost her twin. The line implies he needs to heal himself of his Mother Complex before he can have a healthy relationship. If you have not seen the movie, you have to it was great.
But the point of this post is to inform you about healing yourself. Have you ever stopped to consider that your body belongs to you? Seriously, it is yours and yours alone. You can do whatever you want to it and with it. If you want to get a tattoo of your mother on your ass guess what? You can. If you want to have your face pierced shut you can. If you want boobs so big you can’t stand up straight go right ahead no one is going to stop you. Why? Because it is your body and you control it. And, before you ask, no this is not a pro choice speech, even though I am for a woman’s right to decide what she will and will not do. But that is another topic all together.
I am always amazed that people think they have no control over their own body. People think that we have to go along with happens to your body and do whatever your doctor tells you. This is absurd. First off, your body was created for you, by you and with you. It is a living extension of you. If you look down at your hands right now and tell your fingers to move they will. If you look at your feet and tell them to walk, they will. So why can’t we tell our bodies to heal themselves? We can and it will.
Let me give you an example. Many of you know of my disastrous attempt at water aerobics a few years back. But for those who don’t let me fill you in. I went with a few co workers to a water aerobics class; one exercise that they had us do was turning our foot in circles to stretch the muscles. I still wonder why we were doing this. Because of all the places on my body that needed exercise my foot was not one of those places. Unbeknownst to me several weeks before when I stepped off my front porch and twisted my foot I had already damaged the tendon that runs along the outer side of your foot. I completely tore the tendon by twisting it in water aerobics. It took a few weeks for the damage to be bad enough that I was in pain and sought medical attention. I was stunned and horrified when I was told I would need surgery to repair the damage. Once again I tried to do something healthy and it backfired on me.
Over the next month the doctor explained the procedure to me and told me what to expect from my recovery. Well you know me I am always hard headed and was determined that I would be different. My surgery was scheduled for Monday morning and I planned to be at work on Tuesday, until I was told that I had to stay in bed with my foot elevated until Wednesday at the earliest. Also, never having had surgery I did not know that you feel like hell afterwards.
During the weeks before the actually surgery, I watched every doctor show I could, the real ones not House, ER or Grey’s Anatomy. I wanted good information. I also started working with my guides on what was the best way to recover from this. They told me that as soon as an incision is made your body reacts by going into shock. It is no different than if you were stabbed on the street. Your body does not realize that you are aware of the damage, and by being unconscious you are not able to guide your body by telling it what to do. So the image I got was all my little cells running around screaming and hollering trying to figure out what to do and where to go.
I really felt bad, I felt guilty that I had caused this to happen to my body and that because of my attempt to be healthy my little cells are in a panic. Yeah, I was a bit emotional as well. So like any good mother I had what we in the South call a “Come to Jesus” meeting. I sat down one night and instead of meditating and allowing my mind to go somewhere else; I mediated and sent my mind into my own body. This is the fun part, since I don’t know what my cells look like I visualized this little red and white blobs sitting there ever so patiently waiting for their Goddess to speak. It was actually kind of fun.
I called the meeting to order, as my little red & white cells settled down I explained the situation to them. I have a very vivid imagination so my cells were shocked, horrified, and then concerned that their home was damaged and needed repair. I explained what the doctor had said and told them about the repairs. I then told them that this was not a time to panic, but a time for action. There was no need to panic or go into shock. I would be asleep but I was aware of everything that was going on. I gave them their orders and told them I expected them to follow through while I was asleep. The imagined nods of agreement told me I had made my point. Every night up until the surgery I would sit in my hot bath and massage my foot and leg and reiterate what was expected of my body.
Now I am not going to tell you that when I woke up there was nothing wrong, my planned worked like a charm and I was 100% because that would be a lie. When I woke up I felt like throwing up. But since I do not throw up I went home and went to sleep. I had pain pills to take but apparently I have an enormously high threshold for pain because I think I only took 1 then plain old Tylenol after that. Not even Tylenol with Codeine just Tylenol. It did take a couple of days to get my energy back but I felt okay.
Now here is the interesting part. I went to the doctor after 4 weeks and was told that I could start walking in my cast. This was not acceptable to me; I wanted the cast off and walking in my normal shoes. But, he told me that I would probably need the cast another month. I asked about the swelling that was no better than the day I left the hospital. He told me that the swelling would be this way for several more months, possibly 6 months. Oh Hell No.
The next day, I called Dr. Melanie Robinson-Richardson who is an energy worker and Dr. of Oriental Medicine. I went in and explained the situation to her. I did not understand why I was still so swollen; there was not much pain but lots of swelling. She examined my foot and ankle, said the incision was clean and nice, no infection, but my body was rejecting the internal stitches they put in there and was actually pushing them out. They were actually poking out of my skin. I thought this was funny, because I did not know they put stitches inside of a wound and therefore did not warn my body about. They were just getting rid of something that was not supposed to be there. She then did an energy reading on my foot and found that I was holding a lot of energy there for some reason. After talking to her I realized that I was so disappointment about doing this to myself that I had internalized the feelings and they settled in my foot since that is where the damage was done. She told me to apologize to myself and let it go. It was an accident and nothing more; there was no reason to feel guilty or upset. So I did, she put needles in and I am telling you the honest truth, I left with no swelling what so ever and it stayed that way for a month. On top of that, I took the cast off and never wore it again.
I personally believe that by talking to my body and explaining what was going to happen that not only did it prepare my body for the event it also prepared me for the event. Think about when you have a baby; it is one of the most natural events in the world. However, we treat it like a medical disaster, you are hooked up to monitors, IV’s, drugs and who knows what else. You are terrorized throughout the entire process and then they wonder why the babies go into distress.
I think the doctors and nurses forget that the baby hears everything going on and since he is still a spirit being he understands everything going on. There are women out there today who are taking pregnancy and birth back to the beautiful and natural way it is meant to be. Most of society thinks they are crazy, tree huggers. But, after working with Spirit Babies I think it is a great thing to do and it is brings your new baby into a world of peace and love not chaos and drama. I am not against taking drugs for the pain, because; if that is what you need to be comfortable and enjoy the experience then go for it. If you are okay with the pain and can still enjoy the experience snaps to you. But the birth of a baby is not a medical drama but a natural wonder.
I know lots of people laugh at me when I am around someone who is sick. They always say “You are going to get sick too.” I always respond with “No I won’t” and I am positive I won’t. Why? Because, I tell my body “We don’t have time to be sick at the moment.” This typically works for me. If I am starting to feel like I am getting something I simply tell my body “Hell, no, don’t even think about it.” And it will usually disappear. Now, since I do get sick once in a while I can tell you that it is not full proof. But, when I do get sick I can pin point exactly the moment I knew that I was getting sick. 99% of the time it is because I did not listen to my body when it was trying to tell me that it needed a rest. Instead of following my own advice and listening to what my body had to say, I pushed on and in response my body got run down and catches a cold that it can’t brush off because it is too tired.
So you can guide your body into doing what you want, you can heal yourself faster than medical science and you can ignore your body and get sick. It is a 2 way street, so to speak. If you are going to tell your body what to do then you have to allow your body to do so as well.
If you are have problems with your health that your doctor has not been able to cure, fix or just make you happy with I highly suggest calling Melanie and seeing her. She heals you on many levels but they all start at the base of the problem…you. Your body is not going to work well if you can’t work with your body.
I am always amazed that people think they have no control over their own body. People think that we have to go along with happens to your body and do whatever your doctor tells you. This is absurd. First off, your body was created for you, by you and with you. It is a living extension of you. If you look down at your hands right now and tell your fingers to move they will. If you look at your feet and tell them to walk, they will. So why can’t we tell our bodies to heal themselves? We can and it will.
Let me give you an example. Many of you know of my disastrous attempt at water aerobics a few years back. But for those who don’t let me fill you in. I went with a few co workers to a water aerobics class; one exercise that they had us do was turning our foot in circles to stretch the muscles. I still wonder why we were doing this. Because of all the places on my body that needed exercise my foot was not one of those places. Unbeknownst to me several weeks before when I stepped off my front porch and twisted my foot I had already damaged the tendon that runs along the outer side of your foot. I completely tore the tendon by twisting it in water aerobics. It took a few weeks for the damage to be bad enough that I was in pain and sought medical attention. I was stunned and horrified when I was told I would need surgery to repair the damage. Once again I tried to do something healthy and it backfired on me.
Over the next month the doctor explained the procedure to me and told me what to expect from my recovery. Well you know me I am always hard headed and was determined that I would be different. My surgery was scheduled for Monday morning and I planned to be at work on Tuesday, until I was told that I had to stay in bed with my foot elevated until Wednesday at the earliest. Also, never having had surgery I did not know that you feel like hell afterwards.
During the weeks before the actually surgery, I watched every doctor show I could, the real ones not House, ER or Grey’s Anatomy. I wanted good information. I also started working with my guides on what was the best way to recover from this. They told me that as soon as an incision is made your body reacts by going into shock. It is no different than if you were stabbed on the street. Your body does not realize that you are aware of the damage, and by being unconscious you are not able to guide your body by telling it what to do. So the image I got was all my little cells running around screaming and hollering trying to figure out what to do and where to go.
I really felt bad, I felt guilty that I had caused this to happen to my body and that because of my attempt to be healthy my little cells are in a panic. Yeah, I was a bit emotional as well. So like any good mother I had what we in the South call a “Come to Jesus” meeting. I sat down one night and instead of meditating and allowing my mind to go somewhere else; I mediated and sent my mind into my own body. This is the fun part, since I don’t know what my cells look like I visualized this little red and white blobs sitting there ever so patiently waiting for their Goddess to speak. It was actually kind of fun.
I called the meeting to order, as my little red & white cells settled down I explained the situation to them. I have a very vivid imagination so my cells were shocked, horrified, and then concerned that their home was damaged and needed repair. I explained what the doctor had said and told them about the repairs. I then told them that this was not a time to panic, but a time for action. There was no need to panic or go into shock. I would be asleep but I was aware of everything that was going on. I gave them their orders and told them I expected them to follow through while I was asleep. The imagined nods of agreement told me I had made my point. Every night up until the surgery I would sit in my hot bath and massage my foot and leg and reiterate what was expected of my body.
Now I am not going to tell you that when I woke up there was nothing wrong, my planned worked like a charm and I was 100% because that would be a lie. When I woke up I felt like throwing up. But since I do not throw up I went home and went to sleep. I had pain pills to take but apparently I have an enormously high threshold for pain because I think I only took 1 then plain old Tylenol after that. Not even Tylenol with Codeine just Tylenol. It did take a couple of days to get my energy back but I felt okay.
Now here is the interesting part. I went to the doctor after 4 weeks and was told that I could start walking in my cast. This was not acceptable to me; I wanted the cast off and walking in my normal shoes. But, he told me that I would probably need the cast another month. I asked about the swelling that was no better than the day I left the hospital. He told me that the swelling would be this way for several more months, possibly 6 months. Oh Hell No.
The next day, I called Dr. Melanie Robinson-Richardson who is an energy worker and Dr. of Oriental Medicine. I went in and explained the situation to her. I did not understand why I was still so swollen; there was not much pain but lots of swelling. She examined my foot and ankle, said the incision was clean and nice, no infection, but my body was rejecting the internal stitches they put in there and was actually pushing them out. They were actually poking out of my skin. I thought this was funny, because I did not know they put stitches inside of a wound and therefore did not warn my body about. They were just getting rid of something that was not supposed to be there. She then did an energy reading on my foot and found that I was holding a lot of energy there for some reason. After talking to her I realized that I was so disappointment about doing this to myself that I had internalized the feelings and they settled in my foot since that is where the damage was done. She told me to apologize to myself and let it go. It was an accident and nothing more; there was no reason to feel guilty or upset. So I did, she put needles in and I am telling you the honest truth, I left with no swelling what so ever and it stayed that way for a month. On top of that, I took the cast off and never wore it again.
I personally believe that by talking to my body and explaining what was going to happen that not only did it prepare my body for the event it also prepared me for the event. Think about when you have a baby; it is one of the most natural events in the world. However, we treat it like a medical disaster, you are hooked up to monitors, IV’s, drugs and who knows what else. You are terrorized throughout the entire process and then they wonder why the babies go into distress.
I think the doctors and nurses forget that the baby hears everything going on and since he is still a spirit being he understands everything going on. There are women out there today who are taking pregnancy and birth back to the beautiful and natural way it is meant to be. Most of society thinks they are crazy, tree huggers. But, after working with Spirit Babies I think it is a great thing to do and it is brings your new baby into a world of peace and love not chaos and drama. I am not against taking drugs for the pain, because; if that is what you need to be comfortable and enjoy the experience then go for it. If you are okay with the pain and can still enjoy the experience snaps to you. But the birth of a baby is not a medical drama but a natural wonder.
I know lots of people laugh at me when I am around someone who is sick. They always say “You are going to get sick too.” I always respond with “No I won’t” and I am positive I won’t. Why? Because, I tell my body “We don’t have time to be sick at the moment.” This typically works for me. If I am starting to feel like I am getting something I simply tell my body “Hell, no, don’t even think about it.” And it will usually disappear. Now, since I do get sick once in a while I can tell you that it is not full proof. But, when I do get sick I can pin point exactly the moment I knew that I was getting sick. 99% of the time it is because I did not listen to my body when it was trying to tell me that it needed a rest. Instead of following my own advice and listening to what my body had to say, I pushed on and in response my body got run down and catches a cold that it can’t brush off because it is too tired.
So you can guide your body into doing what you want, you can heal yourself faster than medical science and you can ignore your body and get sick. It is a 2 way street, so to speak. If you are going to tell your body what to do then you have to allow your body to do so as well.
If you are have problems with your health that your doctor has not been able to cure, fix or just make you happy with I highly suggest calling Melanie and seeing her. She heals you on many levels but they all start at the base of the problem…you. Your body is not going to work well if you can’t work with your body.