As we were driving back to Albuquerque we stopped in Gallup New Mexico for gas. For the record, I don't care much for Gallup other than ghost hunting at the El Rancho Hotel that is politely referred to as the porn palace because of the bright pink neon lights there is not much there.
Anyway, back to the story, as we turned off the highway I noticed a carnival in the parking lot of a shopping mall. Jokingly I suggested we go to the carnival but my mother (the word of wisdom) said that traveling carnival's are not safe.
Up pipes little Joe all the way in the back of the van who had a great idea. Joe's suggestion was and I quote:
"Why don't we go to a church so I can get baptized. Then we can go to the carnival. That way if I die then I will go to heaven."
I kid you not, the 8 year old figured out the way around the whole dangerous carnival and was just so damn cute in his explanation. I am thinking he may have a career in the legal field in a few years.