The last 2 weeks have been pretty busy and eventful for me. Between starting school, losing my job and job hunting I am exhausted. But on top of that I have learned a few things; some by way of advice, some by way of the guides and some by way of just stupidity. Since I am such a wonderful caring person I thought I would share my education with you. So here you go.
1) It is always easier to find a job when you have a job. I have heard this my whole life and never really understood what it meant. But, now I do. You see when you have a job you can be selective and non-stressed while looking. You are not out anything as far as money goes because you still have employment. Once you are out of a job things take on a different tone all together. You are now feeling the pressure of finding something before you run out of money. You are stressed about if you should just accept the first job offered to you or not. And you are starting to panic a bit. This is what I am dealing with right now. Luckily all my bills are paid for February but that is about as far as I can get without employment. I have interviewed so many times and I have heard the run around so many times in the past 2 weeks that I am almost becoming homicidal with it all. But that in itself is another post.
2) No matter how right you are always keep it to yourself. This was a funny one to learn. When I left Mesa I was pissed beyond all belief and as the days went on I plotted out my letter of retort. I typed out my letter and worked on it for days. At one point, I did start to see flashes of #3 in my mind because this is something he would obsess over. But, I wanted to make my point that what I was accused of was just wrong. Now I rationalized to myself that this needed to be done. This person had done this time and time again and it needed to stop or at least be brought to her attention that we were aware of her psychosis. But, for some reason I held off on sending the letter. Then as I was communicating with the guides I was asking about it and if I should mail it or not. Since they are my guides they are very honest with me and they don't make up stories or sugar coat it so your feelings are not hurt. They told me that no matter how much I tried to rationalize why I wanted to send this letter I was only doing to hurt someone and cause them the pain they caused me. By doing this I would be in the wrong. Even though I wanted to tell her that she was wrong in her accusations it did not matter because by telling her the truth of what she did to me would only cause her pain and grief and that was not my job to do. I was also assured that it would be taken care of by the powers that be and I had other things to worry about. So I will not mail my letter and I will trust that what needs to be done will be done.
3) Dogs maybe be man's best friend but they do not like the schedule adjusted. Since I am now home ALL DAY I thought this would be a great opportunity to bond with my kids. Boy was I wrong. My dogs have a very scheduled day when I am not there. They start off by seeing me out the door in the morning and then promptly go back to bed under the table. Then they move to the sofa to sleep for awhile, then to the recliner for a snooze, then back under the table, they get a quick drink and a bite to eat then they tour the house to make sure all is well. Once their guard duty is done they go back to the sofa to make sure it is still there and they can still sleep on it. When I am home all day they look at me, stare at me, cry at me, bark at me, beg me to do anything but stay in the house. They do seem to enjoy being allowed to go outside in the BIG backyard anytime they want to but that is so they can bark at nothing. It has been an adjustment for all of us these past 2 weeks we are all ready for mommy to go back to work and get the hell out of their house during the day.
So you can see that my 2 weeks off has not been a total waste of time and energy. I am learning things and getting things done. And I now know that everyday at 2:00 People's Court comes on and at 4:00 pm Oprah comes on and sometime between this they are any number of soap's and a million other judge shows to watch. All I can say is I NEED A JOB.