Those of you who have been my friend longer than a day know that I am not the greatest fan of children. In fact many refer to me as the "avid child hater". Personally, I think this is a bit harsh...well okay not really but my attitude is changing. Don’t panic I am not about to announce that I am pregnant and having a baby. Please, I have dogs that only ask for food and water and I find that taxing how would I handle a baby? My brother Jeremiah and Rossland are about to welcome baby Jossiah Nadan DePaul in March and my friend Shelbra is about to welcome little Mason in April.

One thing I discovered by pure chance was that you could communicate with a baby's spirit before, during and after the birth process. I found this out with Baby Mason. Quietly during a dinner with his mom he came to me and gave me information to pass on. Which I did, but it dawned on me that a babies spirit is no different from an adults spirit. They are the same, they have the same information, same wants, same likes and dislikes. I was very surprised at the amount of information little Mason had to share. He was very adamant about what he wanted and did not want and how he wants this humanly life to be.

When my sister was about to give birth to my niece Danae, I had some serious concerns. The baby did not seem to want to be born, she was holding off and as we all know they either come out or we go in and take them out. Either way they can't live in-utero forever, even though it does feel like it. Bases on what happened with Mason, I called out to Danae's spirit and had a nice lengthy conversation with her. She had issues with the amount of fighting going on between her parents at the time. I assured her it did not have anything to do with them waiting her. I was impressed again with the knowledge and strength this spirit had. I had to remind myself that the body was a baby but the spirit was an intelligent being.

With each time, I connect with these unborn or newly born spirits I am given information on how they want their life to be. Each time I experience this; the guides give me more information on what to do and how to proceed. Tonight, my brother wrote me an email to thank me for the baby shower gift I sent them. He mentioned in it about my guides and that Rossland wants my guides to talk to her guides. When I wrote him back I told him about my experiences with Danae and what I found out, but more than that I passed on what I have heard other spirits tell me about what they expect out of their life here. So I am going to pass on my advice that was given to me by my guides and the baby spirits I have talked to.

Let me explain the process to you in steps.

1. A spirit on the other side will chose who their parents are going to be. This is based on many things and the spirit usually does not remember them as they grow up. But know that you did choose your family and you did so for a reason.

2. A baby spirit does not stay with the baby's body 100% of the time during pregnancy. Why? Well while the body is growing there is not a lot to do. They will go back and forth between this side and the other side. They will start to stay more as the pregnancy progresses. During this time they are getting to know their family. Every thing the mother experiences so does the baby. This means emotions, tastes, sounds, thoughts, etc. Usually during the birth process the baby spirit is not there, they are on the other side saying good by to their spirit family. The baby spirit can be there and will if there is something they need to learn from the process.

3. A baby spirit has anywhere from 1 year to 18 months to leave this dimension and return. Many times they come only for 1 lesson or to help another person with something. Either way the decision is theirs to make.

4. A baby is not stupid or dumb. One thing spirits tell me all the time is "We are not stupid. We know what’s going on and we can hear you." Don't talk to your children like they are animals or pets. They are living human beings that you created and they chose to come to you, treat them like the precious gifts they are. Their decision was no less difficult to make on coming here than yours was on having that baby.

5. Children are not small adults. Even though they are not stupid or dumb they are also not adults. Once the spirit enters the body, their memory of all things before starts slipping away. Have you ever heard someway say "He looks like a smart little old man" when they are looking in the nursery window? That is because that spirit still has his memory and intelligence with them. But that leaves and they have to learn it all over again. Your job as a parent of a spirit baby is to teach them everything they need to know so that when they are an adult they make good sound decisions.

6. Discipline is necessary but should not be hurtful. There is a saying among parents "This will hurt me more than it does you" and there is a saying among kids "Yeah, Right". In reality with a spirit baby it is true. If you are disciplining your child for a wrong doing it should hurt you as a parent. Because you are having to teach them a lesson and you want it to stay with them so they do not repeat the error. Discipline with spirit babies should never involve violence, hitting, swearing, humiliating, belittling or anything else harmful. Now days we know this, we see discipline taken too far and the child ends up dead or damaged. Discipline should never be done out of anger but out of love. Let me give you an example that was given to me when Joshua was a little boy. Think of someone that has some control over your life that is important to you. At this time in my life it was my boss, because if I went to work and they fired me my life would really be rough. Now envision that you went to that person to tell them something you thought was important or urgent. You open the door and before you could say anything this person yells at you and calls you stupid for interrupting them. How do you feel at this moment? Bad, small, like you want to crawl in a hole and cry. Now think about your child feeling this way. How do feel about that person the next day or a week later? Not much better, you probably don't trust them anymore; you may not like them anymore. What if that was your little boy or girl feeling like that. Discipline is a necessary tool in the life of a child but it is a lesson in living and not a way to express your anger or frustration.

7. One thing I get told a lot also is that they do not want to be talked down to. They want to be talked to. When you are talking to your spirit baby talk to them like you want to be talked to. Tell them about your day and ask about theirs. You may not understand the response but they are going to try and give you one. Ask them questions about things. Give them the chance to have an opinion. You can maintain control and still give them the freedom to think about it. When you are dressing your little one in the morning put out 2 outfits and let them pick which one to wear. You ultimately had the control by picking 2 outfits but they had the control of what they wore and were none the wiser. By doing this you are starting them out early in life making decisions that they will do for the next 80-100 years.

8. I asked the spirits and guides about rules. Since my guides are pretty black and white rules are always an interesting topic. But they said with a child there has to be rules and more important there has to be boundaries. They are important for safety and your sanity. But never tell a spirit baby that something is the way it is because you said so. Trust me they’re thinking “Who made you God”. When you make a rule explain to them why that rule is in place. Here is an example: “Baby, do not pull on the dog’s tail.” Then tell them why “If you pull on the dog’s tail she is going to turn around and bite you.” If that does not work add “And when she does, it will be your fault.” With Joshua I would always tell him to stop climbing on the chair and when that did not work I added “If you don’t stop climbing on that chair, you are going to fall over, and when you do it is going to be funny and I am going to laugh at you.” That worked like a charm, he did not want me laughing at him and he would so causally climb down and go do something else.

So for now these are a few lessons I have learned from the spirit babies. They always want us to know that because they picked their parents it means they have an unending supply of love for those two people. They want you to know that their job as your spirit baby is to be the best person they can be and to make you proud. They can’t do that if you are not an attentive and caring parent. Now go hug your kids and tell them you love their spirit. They will think you are odd but their inner spirit will be shining knowing that you have acknowledged it.