Well hello there all my friends and family. It is a new year and we are ready for a new beginning. It has been a while since I last posted and there are several reasons for that. One reason was because it was the holidays and I was busy. The other reason was because it was the holidays and I was depressed. You get to choose which excuse you would like to accept and we move on from there.

So let's update what has been going on my in life since I last wrote about it. We survived Thanksgiving, this was my first Thanksgiving living alone and it was not too terribly bad. My co-hort in crime, Phyllis was over and we actually enjoyed ourselves. We made all the traditional fixin's and ate until we were ready to pop. The kids, Tau & Kali, seemed to enjoy eating as well. We discovered that Tau LOVES sweet potatoes. I did not know that, but he does.

I survived the biggest shopping weekend of the year by working at the funeral home. That saved me alot of money. I did make myself go out and buy a tree, I wanted a full size tree with colored lights and everything. One like I had when I was a kid and loved the holidays. So I got a tree at Walgreens...okay, I did not say it was a good tree. It was 6 feet tall and had pretty colored lights on it. I set it up in my living room and decided it look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, so it was affectionately referred to as the "Whoville Tree". I got all my decorations out and put them on the tree. Luckily, #3 was never a big Christmas person so we did not have a ton of ornaments that we bought together that would make me cry as I took them out of the box. There were a few but nothing with emotions tied to them.

Now here is the good part. I invited a friend over to help me decorate my tree and wait for it...wait...it was a guy. Yes you read correctly, I invited a man to my house. It was odd at first but we had been out a few times already and spent one entire Sunday together so I was pretty sure he was not a serial killer. He came over and helped with all the decorations and the kids seemed very accepting of having him in the house. So that went well and he brought me flowers. So he was doing really good as far as I was concerned.

I was convinced that all was going well with me and the holiday and then it hit. DEPRESSION, the "christmas blues". It was not easy and it was horrible but I got through. I relied on my friends to get me through and to keep me from lopping off my head.

So now you know what I did for turkey day, I will add more posts on how I celebrated the holidays and survived my first christmas alone. Keep reading.