Yes folks it is true, I went on an official date that lasted longer than 2 hours. But, wait let me start at the beginning so we are all on the same page. Also keep in mind that I am updating you on the last month so this happened a few weeks ago.
Okay, I meet this very nice guy, he was sweet and funny and treated me really well. He was basically what you want from a guy you really don't know but you are going to get to know. We started out going to dinner and talking on the phone but emailing each other more than anything. We had a few dates scheduled but things happened and they would get cancelled. Until we finally set up a date that we kept.
There were several things I wanted to do and since it was the holidays there were several holiday events happening that I wanted to see. So instead of beating around the bush about what I wanted to do I just told him. The first thing we did was go to the opening of a new exhibit called Temples and Tombs: Treasure of Egyptian Art from the British Museum at the Art Museum. This was a nice exhibit, I have seen better Egyptian exhibits but it was good. After that we wander around Old Town and I picked up a few gifts for the family. Then lunch, he took me to a restaurant that he liked and knowing I am a very picky eater thought I would be okay with it...and I was. After 6 years in New Mexico I tasted Posole. It is technically called stew but it is more a soup with hominy and pork in it. It was really tasty. After lunch we could not decide what to do until 6pm when our next adventure started so we went to the aquarium to wander around.
Now for those of you who have known me longer than 6 months you know that I am an fanatic about the aquariums. I could spend days wandering through them and talking to the animals and fish. I stood in front of the shark tank for ever just daydreaming until it was time to go. The big thing I really wanted to do was go to the River of Lights. This is a holiday display that the botanical gardens puts on every holiday. They set up huge light displays all over the gardens and you wander around looking at them at night. I have never done this before and every year I said I would so this year I did. One problem it was freaking cold outside. But my date was very gallant and kept my hands warm (cause I never wear gloves) by rubbing them. I did remember to wear a jacket so I was okay there. He even offered me a hat, but of course, since I am from the south we do not wear hats. We wandered around the gardens freezing but having a great time. The displays were beautiful and I was just memorized. I would love to do it again if they have it in the spring. After that he took me home and dropped me off. It was a great day and I really enjoyed myself. We continued to talk to each other and tried to make more plans through out the holidays.
So that was my first major date since the split from #3. It only took 7 months to do it. Either I am right on track or I am way behind in the social arena. Either way I am okay with it.