There is an old saying "All Good Things Must Come to An End". I both agree and disagree with this statement. Why does it have to come to an end? What is the point of ending something that is good?

Well for me the good thing ending was my job at Mesa. After 6 years I left last Thursday. Now you are probably asking...Was Mesa a good thing? Well it was at the beginning. It was my first major job here in Albuquerque. I met a lot of people who are still in my life and I have many friends from there. It was also the place that gave me the skills to open my own billing practice. It also gave the me great ability to street diagnosis any psychosis out there.

But as most good things do it started to turn towards the end. There were several staff members who's only function in the office was making others miserable. My mom has a name for these types of people "pot stirrers". They are people who go into a place and make comments, do things and just basically agitate people while they stand back and watch the fun. They never take responsibility for their actions and for some unexplainable reason they are very often not reprimanded for their actions. These types of people have no purpose on this planet other than to annoy those of us who are trying to make it a nice place.

Another issue that arose towards the end was jealousy. This was something I learned about during my recent trip to Jerome Arizona. I had an amazing reading with a great woman and she told me that the recent betrayal I experienced was due to jealousy. Of course I had no idea what she had to be jealous of. But after thinking on it and talking to some friends I realized this is a person who is always unhappy with her life. Nothing is ever going her way and she thrives on being the office martyr. I concluded that she has a form of Munchausen Syndrome; but instead of hurting her children (which she has none) she strikes out at others in the office so that she can get the attention of solving the situation. It also allows her to have; according to her; another employee that does not like her.

At first I was madder than Tau with wet feet. I had a million scenarios of mean things to do and say. But, then I stopped to think about it. This was what I wanted, I manifested this on my own. I had been seriously thinking of leaving for weeks and had been actively job hunting so this was of my own making. I did not like the idea of them beating me to the punch but I got the better of the deal. I was given severance pay, plus my 401k money. So I am able to take my time in looking for a job instead of being miserable while I find one.

One of my main concerns about leaving was what the story would be about my absence. I know these people. Gail has been gone for 2 years now, but, they have never said anything to anyone. However, they did let certain rumors get around so that people thought she was a bad employee. So to counter this action I called point people at the company and told them before any announcement was made what happened and why I accepted their offer. I then sent an email to the President of the company and the Vice President tell them as well. I feel vindicated by this. I also have to keep in mind that these are people who have worked with me for 6 years, they know what I am like and they know how I operate. I have to keep in mind that if they think less of me because of what one unhappy person thinks than that is their problem and I can't change that.

So for now I am hitting the streets and interviewing all over town. I am waiting for the perfect job to come my way. I want a job that will allow me to live comfortably and enjoy life. Instead of job that pays me enough to pay my bills and that is about it.