Every since I was a teen I have loved to read romance novels. Yes, I admit it...here and now. I Cindy Cribbs love to read the romance novels. And I'm not ashamed...anymore.
Romance novels are the biggest selling books in America they bring in $1.4 BILLION dollars a year. Who buys romance novels? WOMEN and maybe a few gay guys. But, one thing about romance novels is they are fun to read.
In all my years of reading them I never thought they would backfire on me and cause trouble. #3 thought that by reading romance novels I would learn how to be erotic. Obviously he never read one nor understood them. I was really apauled that that is what he thought I was reading them for. But, it also made me think about why I read them. When I am not in a relationship I don't read them. In fact I don't want to read them.
Why is this? My theory is that when I am not in a relationship I am not looking for romance. But, when you have a "leading man" in your life you expect a certain something from them. I expect a certain level of romance from my guy. I want to be told how beautiful I am and I want them to hold me in their arms and never let go. Unfortunately, the guys don't know this.
Most men think romance novels are trashy and just fluff. Yeah, like The Lord of the Rings triology was Shakespear. Either way they don't understand that as women we rely on certain things to get us through the day and night. We need a certain level of attention, compassion and thought in order for us to know they are still interested.
How many of you have thought "I can't remember the last time my man said I Love You" and we are not talking about during sex. Anything said during sex does not count as real comments. Seriously ladies how may times have you said "Oh yes I had the best orgasm" and you were really planning your shopping list? So nothing during sex counts EVER.
On the other hand how many of us have told our man this is what I want and here is how you do it? None of us, because we expect them to know. The more I thought about this the funnier it got. I was expecting someone to know what I wanted to hear. This is the same person who is convinced if I said No I really meant Yes. How was he suppose to know that I wanted romance and hot sex. Okay, sometimes just the hot sex and the romance later. But, since I apparently did not voice this well I am not getting either.
So as I step onto my soap box (and you know I love my soap box) I am going to tell you ladies to do something, explain to that lug next to you what you want. For the love of George don't leave it up to him to guess because he is not going to figure it out in a million trillion years. And you will be very lonely while he is trying to figure it out, because they are reading The Lord of the Rings and there is not much in there that we want to hear.
Posted by
Cynthia