April 4, 1988 was the day one of the most important people I have ever known was born on. Harrison was born on April 4th and I did not know him until October of 2003. I met Harrison and his mom Deb, through ghost hunting. Harry and I hit it off right away, he was so like Joshua in so many ways. I missed Josh desperately and was having serious empty nest syndrome. Harry had the best since of humor I have ever experienced, he was like a soul mate to me. No matter what crazy wild ideas I came up with Harry was right there to laugh his ass off as we did it. During my time with Harry we had some wild adventures and I loved nothing more than to see that look of pure horror on his face that only a teenager can accomplish when they get way too much information. Let me share of my most treasured memories of Harry.
1. One of his first duties in the ghost hunting groups was to be zombie in the Day of the Dead tour. He was actually amazingly good as was his mother, Deb. This explained so much about them.
2. Ghosting hunting at Ft. Craig in the middle of the night and me asking Harry how do you get a bunch of old military ghosts to come out? Harry’s response “Take your shirt off.”
3. Spending my birthday in El Paso ghost hunting and Harry and I took a midnight trip to Target. They had these pillowcases that look just like a pair of panties I had as a little girl. I had to buy them after I saw that horrible look on his face. I still have the pillowcases.
4. All the many conversations about everything with Harry.
5. The excitement he had on his face when he was showing me pictures of his trip to Ireland.
6. Trying to talk him into standing on the wall around the church in Old Town during the Christmas festival and yelling "All Hail Satan's High Holy Day". He almost did it until he saw the news cameras and was afraid his mom would see him on TV.
7. Having him posing on the ruins at Ft. Craig while I took pictures. Only realize later that it was a federal offense to climb on the ruins. I had no idea, but he was thrilled that he committed a federal offense.
8. Rolling our eyes while we listened in the backseat to his mom and #3 talking about all the weird things we did not understand.
After Harry’s death, we got even closer. He haunted the hell out of my house. He brought so much joy to so many people’s lives and I miss him everyday. But I also know that Harry is doing lots of work on the other side and it is all for the good of other kids. But, I still wish he would visit a little more often. So as I always sign off with Harry. Happy Haunting, You keep me in your haunting and I will keep you in mine.