There is an old saying that goes

“in life there are only two guarantees in this world…tax and death”

This is absolutely true, you have to pay your taxes; or you go to jail and we all have to die. It is as much apart of life as being born. There is no getting around it everyone of us will die.

I am in no way an official on death; I simply get it better than most people do. It has never been a scary thing for me. With the help of ghost hunting, reading every book written by mediums, psychics and anyone who works with spirits or ghosts and information from the guides I have been given more information than most people have on dying and the afterlife; of course this is mostly because I ask for it and want to know.

As I start to prepare to ask the resident ghosts of my house to move on I am once again hit with the question of where will they go? This is a question I use to fight over when we would do ghost hunting. There are people who claim that we should send the spirits into the light, they claim the spirits have to move on. I agree but it is our responsibility to do this? Spirits are not stupid beings, they are very intelligent and for the most part they know why they have not crossed over. So what happens when you die? Well here is my perspective of the whole deal and maybe after I go over this again I will feel better about asking my spiritual friends to move on and start the next part of their existence.

Every body has a shelf life; you are only allotted so much time in your body. Some bodies are meant to last for a long time 100 years and over is not unheard of now a days. Some bodies are only here for a few minutes. Either way they are not meant to be here forever. Your spirit on the other hand does not have a shelf life; it has more of an educational life. Your spirit goes on lifetime after lifetime until you have learned everything you were meant to and once you have learned all there is to know your lifetimes end and your spirit becomes an enlightened being.

When a person’s time to leave comes they can go in so many different ways I could not possibly name them all so we will focus on the 2 that are most common. The first one is they are old or sick and they die with their family and friends around them. This is the way everyone wants to end their life here, quietly and peacefully, getting the chance to say our goodbyes and tell everyone we love them. The second is a fast unexpected death by accident or murder or even suicide. Usually there is no family, they are alone and scared, suicides are confused mentally, they are emotional and they are not thinking in the right frame of mind.

Any of these situations can cause a spirit to linger after the body dies. If they are old or sick, they may not want to leave their family, they are worried about what will happen to their spouse, kids, pets, etc. So they decide to stay around and watch over them. In the second situation they may simply not believe they are dead.

From what I understand when the body dies and the spirit is let free; there is something to indicate it is time to cross over. Most people like to believe there is a white light and that you go into the white light. Me I hope it is not that passé, I kind of think of the moment of crossover is like the airport. On one side of the turnstile gate are all my friends and relatives, the ones I like anyway, waiting for me to come through the terminal. There will be music, food, drinking and laughter it will be a huge party just for me.

This part of the “death process” is where you make some vital decisions. You can either go into the revolving door at the terminal or you can stay behind and let the door keep turning. For those of us still living let me give you a more normal example.

You wake up and it’s just another day you have to get out of bed and go to work. But, you can decide whether to go in or not. You know there will be consequences; if you are not on good grounds with your boss you may get fired for taking another day off, or you may just loss some vacation days. On the other had if you go in to work, you may have the best day ever and get that top account you have been working on. So there are choices to be made. Cross over is the same way, if you stay, you get stuck in a world where you can not be seen by your loved ones, you can not be heard by them and you get to watch it all from the unseen world you now live in. However, if you crossover then you can come back and forth anytime you like. There are no restrictions on your movements. You are still unseen by most of the living but you are better able to control your movements and interactions with them.

So what happens to those who stay here? Like I said they end up in a lonely unseen world trying to get those they love to notice them. But, for the people living they start causing problems in their lives. They can affect the emotions of those around them, first off the family is grieving and not in their normal frame of mind. They are craving one more interaction with you and you see this from the existence you are in. You try to get them to know that you are there and when they can’t you get frustrated. Your loved one picks up this frustration and you falsely think they know you are there. It is a vicious cycle that never ends in a good way. Your loved ones are stuck in the cycle of not being about to start the healing process and your spirit is stuck in the cycle of not crossing over.

So what do you do when you realize you have a spirit in your house that should have crossed over but didn't? Well stayed tuned and I will fill you in on my life with a pissed off ghost and my plan to make her leave.