Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Be you biological mothers, step mothers, adoptive mothers, mothers of dogs, cats, fish or anything else that requires you to take care of them.
Mothers Day is one of the holidays that are fun. You are only expected to purchase a gift for your mother or grandmother, unless you are married and you best get something for the mother of your children. I love those men who say "She's not my mother!" Oh really, well who do they think does all those things around the house when they are gone, the house elves. As far as I know those only exist in Harry Potter books. Whether she is your mother or not she is the mother of your children and deserves a gift. So go out and get her something for goodness sakes. Look at it this way, if you have the foresight to get your wife a mothers day present without her telling you too you will definitely get lucky later.
Since my mommy lives in Texas and all I can do is mail her present to her. Which I already did, I get a bit sentimental and we know my standing against sentimental things. But these are good things. I was sitting her thinking of all the crazy things my mom has done in my life and all the fond memories I have of being a mom so I thought I would share them with you. These are not in chronological order because I have a hard enough time remembering what day it is today much less when a memory happened. But here are some of my fondest memories of my mom and being a mom.
Mothers Day is one of the holidays that are fun. You are only expected to purchase a gift for your mother or grandmother, unless you are married and you best get something for the mother of your children. I love those men who say "She's not my mother!" Oh really, well who do they think does all those things around the house when they are gone, the house elves. As far as I know those only exist in Harry Potter books. Whether she is your mother or not she is the mother of your children and deserves a gift. So go out and get her something for goodness sakes. Look at it this way, if you have the foresight to get your wife a mothers day present without her telling you too you will definitely get lucky later.
Since my mommy lives in Texas and all I can do is mail her present to her. Which I already did, I get a bit sentimental and we know my standing against sentimental things. But these are good things. I was sitting her thinking of all the crazy things my mom has done in my life and all the fond memories I have of being a mom so I thought I would share them with you. These are not in chronological order because I have a hard enough time remembering what day it is today much less when a memory happened. But here are some of my fondest memories of my mom and being a mom.
Memories of my mom:
1. My mother trying to take us to a new restaurant that served free steak. It turned out to be a strip club.
2. My mother bringing home every colored animal at Easter time, chickens were always dead a few days to weeks later. Ducks lived until we got tired of them and took them to the country. Rabbits lived until they died of old age running free in the backyard.
3. My mother yelling at us and not getting our name right. Therefore we were called every name she could think of until she was done.
4. My mom using anything as an excuse for a party with cake, such as; last day of school.
5. My mom going to every school event for 5 kids and anyone that she was babysitting at the time. That was every band concert, school play, choir concert, graduation, etc.
6. My mom trying to kill us in East Texas by taking a 30 MPH turn at 50, Thank God we had the insight to grab our friend Carol as she slid out the window.
7. My mom having an allergic reaction to eating tomatoes straight out of the field in Florida and finding every dark spot in Disney World so she could scratch.
8. My mom and daddy fighting over directions and driving. Just because they are always so funny and both are right.
9. My mom having her dream wedding for their 30 anniversary with all 8 of their kids involved as well as the grand kids.
10. Always trying to embarrass me by telling me they are naked when I walk into the house. Actually this is more my dad than mom but they still get a kick out of hearing me tell them "I can't afford therapy this week".
11. And just one from my daddy, him telling us of the first time he saw my mom driving with 3 kids in the car (With Chris, hanging out of the car window) and he still wanted to date her.
2. My mother bringing home every colored animal at Easter time, chickens were always dead a few days to weeks later. Ducks lived until we got tired of them and took them to the country. Rabbits lived until they died of old age running free in the backyard.
3. My mother yelling at us and not getting our name right. Therefore we were called every name she could think of until she was done.
4. My mom using anything as an excuse for a party with cake, such as; last day of school.
5. My mom going to every school event for 5 kids and anyone that she was babysitting at the time. That was every band concert, school play, choir concert, graduation, etc.
6. My mom trying to kill us in East Texas by taking a 30 MPH turn at 50, Thank God we had the insight to grab our friend Carol as she slid out the window.
7. My mom having an allergic reaction to eating tomatoes straight out of the field in Florida and finding every dark spot in Disney World so she could scratch.
8. My mom and daddy fighting over directions and driving. Just because they are always so funny and both are right.
9. My mom having her dream wedding for their 30 anniversary with all 8 of their kids involved as well as the grand kids.
10. Always trying to embarrass me by telling me they are naked when I walk into the house. Actually this is more my dad than mom but they still get a kick out of hearing me tell them "I can't afford therapy this week".
11. And just one from my daddy, him telling us of the first time he saw my mom driving with 3 kids in the car (With Chris, hanging out of the car window) and he still wanted to date her.
Memories of Being a Mom
1. Joshua giving me a Ninja Turtle action figure as a gift and as soon as I opened it saying "If you don't like it I really do."
2. Joshua giving me a tire gauge as a gift because it was shiny.
3. Begging to have his room done in 101 Dalmatians only to refuse to sleep in there because the "dogs" are looking at him.
4. Naming everything Charlie after some stray he adopted died because it was too stupid to get out of the road.
5. Joshua taking my hand when I picked him up from the daycare late and telling me "We will discuss this when we get home."
6. Joshua telling me he knows where puppies come from because the baby sitter's dog had puppies. When I asked where he said "The garage".
7. Joshua and Eric throwing Casey to the werewolf in the haunted house so they could run away. Casey is still probably muttering "They fed me to the werewolf".
8. Spending hours upon hours driving around the state of Texas collecting beanie babies.
9. The traumatized look on Joshua's face when he was watching National Geographic and saw a baby seal being born. His only response to this was "That's not it's tummy"
10. Joshua seeing his first Picasso and stating quite frankly "I can do that" at age 5.
Of course there are a million more memories from both my mom and Joshua but these are just a few.
