Wow, I have to say the Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was definitely moving. I was surprised since I basically attend a funeral every week. But, this was different. No matter what you thought of him the memorial was moving.

For me I watched it on my computer at work (this is when having two screens comes in handy). The guys that came into my office all made some comment on it. But, we all know that back in the 80s when Thriller came out we were all listening and dancing to that album. I know I was. The music he made after the Thriller album was just as good, although I did not care for some of his songs.

I can say that Michael Jackson was someone I never understood and I always felt a bit sorry for. To this day I believe in my heart he never touched a child. I did not watch the news reports about his trials and what he was accused of doing because I knew he did not do it. I felt for him having to give up pretty much 40 years of his life. He was tossed into a profession at the age of 10 when most of us were playing in the street with our friends. He did not have an easy life growing up and when he had the money and means to give back he did.

There are people in this country (a senator even) who will never be convinced that he was innocent. Our country is based on innocent until proven guilty. Unless you are a Michael Jackson then you have to spend the rest of your life trying to prove your innocence even though the court said you were innocent.

For those of us who remember listening to his music, watching him dance and loving everything he did this is our Elvis. When Elvis died my mother cried all day, no one thought anything wrong with that. No one thought it was odd that the media covered it so much or that women flocked to Graceland to be close to where he died. But with Michael Jackson because of his past people are questioning the hype behind his death.

I am happy that they gave us a public memorial so that his fans and everyone else could hear first hand what he did with his life and the money he made. The selfless time he devoted to those sick with HIV and AIDS, sick children, veterans and how he supported 39 various international charities, he holds a Guinness Book of World Record for Most Charities Supported. It is estimated he has given up to $500 MILLION to charities in his lifetime.

Maybe now people can enjoy him for what he was and not what they wanted or thought he should be. I know I will miss the music he could have made and brought into my life. For now I will continue to enjoy the music he left and I will never be ashamed to say I love the music and videos of Michael Jackson. Especially Thriller, what a great video.